Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

axa car insurance

Options
  • 31-07-2003 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

got a renewal notice for my car from axa.
    it now mentions two different types of no claim bonuses.
    the usual one plus an accidental damage premium. the accidental damage premium refers to glass breakage/breakins etc.
    this includes details of previous claims for glass breakage and informs me that i have a 40% no claims bonus under this heading.
    this appears to be a type of retrospective no claims bonus since calls to their office assured me that glass breakage /repair would not effect my no claim bonus.
    has anyone come accross this and what is the explanation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps there are two effective policies (may actually be one policy). One covers glass, the other the rest of the stuff and what they are saying is the glass no claims bonus doesn't affect the no claims bonus on the rest.

Be careful when transferring your policy to another insurer as they may hold any claim on the glass against you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

paranoia was setting in there
    in fact they simply split the policy in two
    the 40% on the glass policy is the max no claim discount you can get for glass etc.
    i agree though that listing the claims on the glass policy may deter other insurers, however i will postpone that bout of paranoia for now.

Advertisement