Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

story rory

Options
  • 31-07-2003 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

am in bolivia right now, and you wouldn´t believe the music scene over here. it´s crazy. last week a local Iron Maiden tribute band were playing in a bar, i have seen 17 (count em! 17!) dudes sporting Maiden shirts since.

theres a helluva lot of cheesy choons over here, a lot of sentimental slobberings in spanish... think westlife or bryan adams en espanol. oh dear. BUT, theres a great domestic scene, lots of local bands playing for free all over the city. im going to see a famous latin band called Bacilos in concert next tuesday... from the organisation i´ve seen so far in this country, i expect they will sell twice the amount of tickets that the venue can accomodate, and not open the gates until about midnight. this place is seriously insane... i believe it becomes me.

you will all be pleased to know that there is now regular chants of "slainte!" in the bolivian bars, and i even had a Turn CD playing at a house party the other night... what an unlikely situation!

simon, me auld flower, bop me an email at giant_eye(at)hotmail.com. this keyboard is crazy. i miss you.

im off to rock out to more cheese. i wish i could say im missing dublin terribly, but t´would be lie. i love living here.

- b.

Advertisement