Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work

Options
  • 01-08-2003 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

How many of those finished LC went straight to work all summer?

I feel like i'm the only one. I went to school in dub but live in tipp. And none of my dub friends are working (all of to egypt or new york rich ****ers!) And all my thurles friends sit around working on half arsed bands and so on.

I have 2 f*cking jobs now and still i know only 2 other people who have done there LC and are working. And 1 of them only started 2 weeks ago. The other works for family.

Now i have to ask. Am i the only one who was told that when LC was over i had to work for my own money. Or is everyone else being given cash by parents to enjoy freedon>?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Yes.

No lots of people have jobs but i don't. I hate doing anything. My motto is "F uck off my arm is sore" Lazy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 squaredog

I was the same, had two part time jobs the summer I finished the leaving.

Most of my friends didnt have to work though, got the cash from their parents.

Didnt seem fair to me at the time but I'm glad now. When you work for your own money, you learn the value and meaning of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

dont ask dat ere - 2 many d4ers!!

yeah i started work in my dad's office 2 weeks after the LC,think it's gonna be worth it though when i buy my own ipod :D

work sux, i'm the only one under 28 in the whole place. It's good not to be asking parents for money all the time though

ah well surfin boards when i'm supposed to be answer fones kinda makes up for it i guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Finished Leaving on Friday.

Started work on Monday....bleh.

About half the people I know have jobs.
    The other half want ones.

Its hard to get jobs though,.....damn immigents.

Even when it was the bears I knew it was the immigints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

yep i'm working, had to. I like my own money. Its hard getting work because the leaving finished so late, and all the usual crap was taken

• Advertisement
Advertisement