Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galactic Conquest Released !

Options
  • 01-08-2003 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

As it says in the topic get downloading.

I've also mirrored it here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

any insights? good bad? what sw worlds are maps? any more vechiles we dont know about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

No idea, just getting teh server sortted atm. Should be up and running this evening all things going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Anyone wanna burn a copy of galactic conquest for me onto cd, on 56 K Dontcha know

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

NO BB or PC so me no can do :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

why no pc?

was reading some of the reaction to GC. doesnt look good. apparently the game is very VERY buggy. the only custom map, Hoth, is very laggy because the interior of the rebel base is huge and this causes major fps slow down if you even look in its direction.

but then again its only 0.1 Alpha so not much can be expected, have yet to play it myself, but im sure it'll get better with updates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

niceone for the url, downloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have only just got back from work a while ago so im a bit late with my mirror list buy hey, here it is :)

icon-Windows.gifWindows Mirrors
    » http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/battlefield1942/modifications/galacticconquest/patches/win32/gcmod0.1a.exe [ Blueyonder ]
    » ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/battlefield1942/mods/starwarsgalacticconquest/official_patches/gcmod0.1a.exe [ Barrysworld.com ]
    » http://www.edgefiles.com/download/ftp3.edgefiles.com/bfnation.net/www/mods/gcmod/gcmod0.1a.exe [ Edgefiles.com ]
    » ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/pc/games/gamershell//mod/gcmod0.1a.exe [ Sunet.se ]
    » http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/128522.shtml [ Fileplanet ]
    » ftp://ftp.battlefield1942.nu/pub/misc/bf1942/mods/gcmod0.1a.exe [ Battlefield1942.nu ]

The file is somewhere aorund 293.7 MB and will take me on my 56k about a day to download. And im outta here on Tuesday morning too so i wont be able to play it before then :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

New patch out for upgrade from 01a to 01b,
    its just under 8 megs
    can be found here
    ftp://ftp.battlefield1942.nu/pub/misc/bf1942/mods/gcmod-0.1a-0.1b.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i kno this is off topic

but can someone point me to the post which has the mirrors to the Desertcombat latest version. I'm getting galatic comquest as we speak but i want DC aswell...

I know its a few posts up but anyone willing to burn this and the update to CD for me and ill fix ye up with a Blank CD in return

PUREEEZEEEEEEEEEE

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

can anyone give me the ip address of some decent servers to play gc on? bear in mind im on 56k...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

imo its not that good :rolleyes: + the game keeps crashing on the gchoth map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I thought ti was a bit fun...

give it a chance tis only 0.1 beta im sure desert combat had all sorts of bugs and things with its public release things can only ge better, look where eod and desert combat are now considering where they were

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I've played GC...personnally i think they released it at a good time cause if the d-load gets any bigger in one go my isdn will have a stroke. Hopefully they will continue with lots of small updates and NOT do a DC and have the new version not being updatable from last. (a-holes)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Early reports dont seem promising so Ill give this one a miss until it gets a little more developed, I done the same for DC up until version 0.3 as that was the patch that made the huge change's to the game, had a shot at 0.2 and it only seemed like half a mod and thus got bored of it very quickly , 0.3 finished it off nicely, now their just tweaking the game which is a sign that they feel the mod is 'complete'. EoD is the best MOD Ive seen so far for BF that has had a reliable and fun first release, it really is a great game, it doesnt look like much, but its fun to play and a nice change from just tank battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Anyone willing to send me out a CD of it?

I started the download off before i left for the gulf [im there now :) ] and still have about 28hours left. :rolleyes:

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Send me your address, plus a list of mods etc u want

Just got galactic conquest and unfortunately i cannot play bf1942 online as since i switched to anytime I simply get Connection problems all the time, 100 times worse than when i was on Netsmart, am seriously thinking of switching back if this doesnt improve fairly rapidly

Regards

Shin

• Advertisement

I found some galactic conquest servers i could play on, dunno why but i can play on any server in germany, holland, sweden, france, anywhere in europe except the UK, all i get when i go in to any jolt server is Connection problems.

My first impressions are that its a very good mod and promises a lot for the future, all i wished for though is the AT AT, wanted to kick butt in that so badly and i was disappointed to see there just wrecks on the HOTH level.

Anyhoo if they get as good as desert combat is now when version 0.38d of GC rolls around should be something quite special

Regards

Shin

Advertisement