Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL usage limit reset -

Options
  • 01-08-2003 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

This might be a waste of time...as some will already know...

I checked my usage online last night befroe i hit the bed...and it had been reeset and showing a new Augest downlad limit:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yep, good stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah, phew! I'd gotten 4.9Gb in the 2 weeks since I was connected - didn't realise I could use it up so quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yeah, i went a bit over board. I'm not into warezing but i did download T3. My opinion was "If i pay €50 a month for 5 gigs, I'm going to use them."

Anway, I didnt have to pay for last month because IOL credited my account one month free BB because of the trouble I had with them.

Nice people when you get past the helpline. IOL train your customercare team more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

they seem to have dumped your 1 month free bb on to my bill lol:D

ohhhhhhh its funny but im ****ed if its not a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

C'mon Biz dont keep us in suspense tell us how much you were charged? ..meybbe we can start a new 'I D/L too much and am screwed' thread sponsored by iol:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

he has a previous post on his charges Lenny..

i only got to sue 1.7gb of my las months cap :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

why was that? Cos you thought it was going to reset one month after you joined??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Strange...just checked mine and it has not been reset:

This is a summary of all traffic since you first logged in
    First Login Wed Jul 23 10:06:35 2003
    Last Login Thu Jul 31 22:28:49 2003
    Last Login Duration 352 minutes
    Logins 53
    Offpeak Traffic 3787 minutes
    Peak Traffic 545 minutes
    Data uploaded 0.10 GB [107309163 bytes]
    Data downloaded 0.91 GB [976272325 bytes]

I won't be happy at all if they reset my cap and i lose 4GB of download that i haven't even used.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

What a relief!! Now we know about resets....

Dont worry Richard, it's automated, it'll be reset...

Actually no...it won't. I called technical support when i read this thread tonite and they said it's 30 days from the time my line was activated.

Thus July 22nd was when my line was setup...so it should not be reset at all. Again...these are words right from the mouth of a person in technical support, a person who is SUPPOSED to know their job.

If it turns out it does get reset, then i will be very annoyed indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

well how can they do both?
    its reset for most people, as far as i understand, so why would Esat then count the 30 days from activation for other people?
    It doesnt make sense........it HAS been reset for me, maybe yours has a delay, and the tech support is clueless as usual...
    let us know if it gets reset...now i'm interested in what the hell they're doing.

I will, and i have his name...so if it turns out that he didn't know his job and gave me misleading information, i'll ensure steps get taken or i get compensation.

I can only go by what Esat staff tell me...you see a patern?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

how do ya check your usage online lads???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

*Bump*

Id also like to know where you can check your usage.. EsatBT never informed me. They should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

http://broadband.iol.ie/cgi-bin/sec/dsl

DONT! put @iolbb on your username when trying to log on k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Thanks Bizmark :)

I just used 2,69gb.. Hmm, Im good :)

Advertisement