Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in identifying a boi-bol payment...

Options
  • 01-08-2003 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Lo laeds,
    I was just on boi-bol.com there and noticed a payment out of our main account for a considerable amount of euro. The payment went out to "OP/BTE NO.1 ACC". Now, I have trawled through the records prior to this and can't find a reference to another payment to these guys. Does anyone know who they are as I haven't a baldies :)

Cheers for the help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Chief
    Lo laeds,
    I was just on boi-bol.com there and noticed a payment out of our main account for a considerable amount of euro. The payment went out to "OP/BTE NO.1 ACC". Now, I have trawled through the records prior to this and can't find a reference to another payment to these guys. Does anyone know who they are as I haven't a baldies :)

Cheers for the help...

AFAIK BTE is Bord Telecom Eireann aka Eircom.

I can't beleive they still haven't changed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Thanx BuffyBot mate... odd amount for them to take out though as it doesn't reflect the bill... anyway.. i must give them a bell.. cheers.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

why dont you ask your bank
    if anyone should know, they should

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, a quick chat with customer service should reveal (nearly) all.

I was getting standing order payments on a regular basis with our name (not the payers) as the identifer (Doh!). Turns out 2 people were paying an annual subscription on a monthly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Hmm.. things are definitely getting stranger, just got another bill from eircon reminding me i've to pay a bill, so i asked them what the "OP/BTE NO.1 ACC" was for.
    The biddy on the business support line says it had nothing to do with eircon at all and that it must have something to with another comms provider. I rang the bank and they say it's eircon... now the only other provider is EsatBT for Anytime and thats taken off the crediit card each month... odd... odd... odd...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Ask the bank to give you the account number & sort code that the payment went into - This will help you to trace it.

Advertisement