Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.hificomponents.de / Yamaha RX-V640

Options
  • 01-08-2003 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm about to order a Yamaha RX-V640 receiver from www.hificomponents.de - does anyone have an opinion on them? They want a bank transfer in advance - presumably to avoid credit card charges. (I've read Kali and ttcomet's opinions on them in the sticky.)

Does anyone know about the warranty situation if I buy from Germany? Can I deal with Yamaha direct in Ireland, or does it have to go back to Germany?

If anyone has an opinon on the receiver, either, I'd be glad to hear it - are there any potential issues with a German model being different from the UK/Ireland model?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I'e bought from them before and found them to be fine. As regards warentee I think if you buy within the EU your covered. You probably just send to (Yamaha) nearest dealer/auth repairer.

Ring Yamaha and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Thanks for that Dave, I mainly just want to see if I will get the thing at all. They are being a little slow about whether they can actually sell me the thing (a few emails back and forth now).

How long did delivery take from when you placed the order - presumably the bank transfer takes some time also?

I'm completely without an amplifier at the moment, so I don't want to wait too long :(

I'll ring Yamaha about the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

It's about 1 1/2 years since I dealt with them. The bank transfer only took a few days. I don't recall any hastles with them.

I think time from order placed to delivery only took about 2 weeks.

BTw check out the for sales board. Someone was selling the Marantz SR5900 reciever for less than €200 which is an excellent deal and it's a class amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advice. I went with www.hificomponents.de as they had a particularly good price on the RX-V640 (basically the same price as Richersounds were looking for the AX-630, last year's model, without a turner).

I looked at the Marantz but ideally I want something that does DTS and Pro Logic II. And Thurles would be a bit beyond my range...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Hmm thats pretty **** alright Kramer, how long did it take you to get the replacement in the end so?

I'll presume since youve a fair number of posts on avforums that you were well aware of the relatively high % of faulty AE100s despite their great value and performance anyway?

I hadn't heard any complaints about them before and a good friend of mine has purchased several items from them without hassle or delay, then again he hasn't had the bad luck to actually have to deal with their service dept :)

Advertisement