Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any tips?

Options
  • 01-08-2003 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

to be honest i dont know much about paganism but i'd genuinely be interested in reading up on it or learning about it.

any tips on how i should go about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

there are many many site out there dear, just google or maybe try
    www.sacred-texts.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I think for a starting point there is no better author than Scott Cunningham, he had the ability to take seemingly complicated concepts and present them in a way that is easy to understand and to apply. Also, "Pagan Ways" by Gwydion O'Hara has practical exercises to help people explore connections to nature. It is quite good. From there, I would suggest books by Gerina Dunwich. On the web, the best site is www.witchvox.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

much appreciated...

didnt bother googling cause i thought i'd end up with a load of sh1tty sites. though this way would be easier...thats all.

but thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Lacuna,

if you are new to paganism and would like to get a better understanding of it, i can also suggest that you read about how people felt, talked, loved, fought, lived, what they held sacred and why. And where? The Icelandic Sagas!!
    This is a relatively large body of work, with a very important place in the larger spectrum of medieval European literature.
    Medieval because the surviving works are dated back to the 12th and 13 centuries (200-300 years after the Conversion - (to christianity) ), but many of the Sagas deal with characaters who lived between the 9th and 11 century pagan Iceland.
    Some are fictitious, others are not (certain testimonies to be found in the Icelandic Book of Settlements - after the great emigrations from various parts of Scandinavia).
    I am not going to give away anymore for now....the sagas are AMAZING when you consider when they were written. Exciting, gripping, uplifting!
    Have a look and tell us what you think!
    Hail !

Advertisement