Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD with MP3 files playable in HiFI?

Options
  • 01-08-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Ive recently aquired the following Unit:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/product/homecinemasystem/SCDP1.htm

It plays CD-R's with mp3 files on it with a GUI on a TV so you can see the folders and choose the albums.
    It also plays DVD-R/DVD-RAM, does anyone know if it would play MP3's from a DVD-R/DVD-RAM? it would be very handy to have <5Gbs of tunes on one disc with all the names displayed on the TV?
    Im gonna buy a DVD-R burner if it does but ive been trying to get somebody with one to burn me a disc with a few MP3 tunes on it to see but nobody i know with one lives near me?
    Any help?
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

I've read on others forums that most DVD players that play MP3s have a problem playing MP3s burnt onto DVD rather than CDR. Not too sure about the Panasonic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    Ive recently aquired the following Unit:

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/product/homecinemasystem/SCDP1.htm

It plays CD-R's with mp3 files on it with a GUI on a TV so you can see the folders and choose the albums.
    It also plays DVD-R/DVD-RAM, does anyone know if it would play MP3's from a DVD-R/DVD-RAM? it would be very handy to have <5Gbs of tunes on one disc with all the names displayed on the TV?
    Im gonna buy a DVD-R burner if it does but ive been trying to get somebody with one to burn me a disc with a few MP3 tunes on it to see but nobody i know with one lives near me?
    Any help?
    Sean

Sean,

If it plays MP3's and will play DVD-R's then you should be ok. If you need to check out a DVD-R with Mp3's on it PM me. I think you live in Galway too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

the link you've provided doesn't get me to a specific model but to their home page.
    try here and see what esactly your model supports.

Cheers

Advertisement