Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I stop SPAM ?..

Options
  • 01-08-2003 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

If this is the correct forum. Could someone please tell me how the hell I can stop the amount of obnoxious spam that I am drowning in.

Its driving me cuckoo!. Help.

Paddy20.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Thanks Captn M,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

If your getting the spam on Outlook 2000 or 2001 use: Sunbelt Software's IHateSpam3.2. I use it and find it massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96134

Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and get a new email address entirely although that can be a pain to do. Otherwise some crafty filters are in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Many Thanks,

Gordon & denis. Very helpful. Although I am getting so much junk I may just have to cut my losses and get a new name and address, but before going through that I will read the posted links
    in detail and try some filtering or blocking.

Paddy20.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

SPAM is a real pain...
    A new service we've been offering some people is a fetchmail based account, which basically pops your ISP and passes all the junk through our filters before you download it, thus reducing the likelihood of you having to download thousands of SPAM messages

The only issue we've seen so far is when people can't POP for a couple of weeks, so the older spam is not recognised as such, as the IPs would have expired from the databases...

Advertisement