Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you [personally] combat spam?

Options
  • 01-08-2003 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

Using mailwasher at the minute www.mailwasher.net and it's pretty good for weeding out the crap once you've used it for a month or so, especially with it's 'friends' list in addition to the blacklists.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

i use an addon for outlook 2k2 (works with outlook 2k ,2k2 and oe 5 and 6)

called ihatespam
    its ****en amazing

it has a database which all users contribute to for spam,
    anytime u do get spam,click is spam
    and its added to database if that mail has been verified by more then x users

when i do a send and receive
    mail is scanned for spam and move to quaratinned directory in outlook..

u can have friends, enemies..
    it allows it all
    check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Have been using MailWasher for over half year.
    Pro version is kind of essential [you pay for it - in theroy].
    Only problem i've experienced with it is tends to crash sometimes - still worth it [esp. if use oceanfree - 50+ spam/day].

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been using mailwasher since it started. I'm a beta tester....

CFS (their SPAM database) will be coming online soon, and makes SPAM detection and deletion even easier.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I use PopFile. It's free, open source, and works very well. It works as a POP proxy between your mail client and the server. Only real issue I would have is speed, it is PERL based and runs quite slow. Also, it's single threaded so won't process more than one account at a time (or access the web interface while it's downloading mail). But these are minor points for a free piece of software that works so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I use SpamCop, which is installed by default with my hosting package. Haven't gotten a false positive in 3 months now, so it's time to set up a filter in PocoMail to delete any mail with the tag *****SPAM***** in the subject line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have my mail sorted so that mails that i don;t regulary recieved in a different folder and i check that folder for any important mails and then delete the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭swoofer

I use mailwasher free and it does crash occasionally but has done the job, I love bouncing.

gbcullen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Anyone know of a way to auto Process emails in Mailwasher 3.1.

Advertisement