Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motherboards and ram

Options
  • 01-08-2003 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭

im thinking of adding extra ram to my machine and am unsure exactly what the motherboard is it might be an abit kx7 or something but i cant remember. how do i find out what my mothboard is called and then how do i tell what ram i can use, i curently have 256mb pc2700, but faster ram is available. thanks a million

weemcd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

should be written somewhere on the pcb what model it is im guessing kx7-333

as for ram unless u run the fsb at higher than 166 then it doesnt matter how fast ram u buy as pc 4000 ram running at 166 is the same as pc 2100 ram running at 166 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

get a program called sandra can't remember where to get it maybe some1 has the link it will tell ya all ya need to know about your hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

link for trial versoin SiSoft Sandra MAX3 New
    6.85 MB
    http://www.ocprices.com/files/sanMAX3!-973-Win32-OCS.exe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Or Sandra Standard 2003 its 5mb but u'll get what u need to find out from it.

Advertisement