Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 email settings

• 01-08-2003 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi guys. I've been digging through previous posts for o2 mailbox settings for emailing, but i have not found them. I've also checked the setting sender thing someone posted in the most recent sticky. So can anyone help me out, maybe just post up these mailbox settings if you get a chance . Thanks. (Or direct me to them):D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Incoming mail server: pop3.o2.ie
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.o2.ie

username: your O2 (website) login name
    password: your O2 (website) login password

hth
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 coke

Cheers Brian, right on cue. I trust mailbox name doessn't matter here? I'm trying to sedn an email and i am getting '' General System Error, please try again''. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yup - mailbox name is just a label for you to identify the email mailbox account

make sure you have the correct access point selected (under access point in use in the the mailbox settings) - the access point has to be a full internet (not WAP) connection (so for Speakeasy that's the pp.internet)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

A little note...

O2 have mad problems with their servers so now and then prob round once a week you will get a problem with login on to pop. So just ignore it and don't go checking ur password because its prob right.

But then again i think i'm using the old digifone settings so maybe its ok with o2s pop server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

But then again i think i'm using the old digifone settings so maybe its ok with o2s pop server

Do I have to suggest the obvious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

oh yeah I was tired lastnight. :ninja:

:p

Advertisement