Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOS update needed

• 02-08-2003 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Where can I get a BIOS update for this spec pc and BIOS

Program: Unicore BIOS Wizard Version 3.2
    Program: eSupport.com BIOS Detect v1.1 June 4, 2003
    BIOS Date: 01/28/99
    BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    BIOS ID: 01/28/1999-i440BX-W977TF-2A69KJ1CC-00
    OEM Sign-On: V.7BXAN_2 C01 01-28-1999
    Chipset: Intel 440BX/ZX rev 3
    Superio: Winbond 977EF rev 1 found at port 370h
    BIOS ROM In Socket: Unknown
    BIOS ROM Size: Unknown
    CPU Type: Unknown
    CPU Speed: Unknown
    CPU Max: Unknown
    Memory Installed: Unknown
    Memory Maximum: Unknown

eSupport.com, Inc.
    1-800-800-BIOS (2467)
    www.esupport.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ok the easiest way to find out about bios updates is to check the manufacturers website. when your computer boots the manufacturer name/motherboard brand should be stated somewhere, or even the bios version (should be on the bottom of the screen when booting) to hold the screen for a moment or two to see what's going on hit "pause/break" on your keyboard as you boot, the make of the mainboard is generally printed on the board itself, failing that the mainboard model number. give that a shot and let me know what ya turn up.
    I think you've listed everything besides the mainboard model
    Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

Ok I have found the model no of the board its a Jetway J-7BXAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

sweet jebus a Jetway havn't seen one of those in a while, just did a google on your mobo model got this, http://www.j-mark.com/dl/dl.html the latest bios patch me thinks, don't forget to read how to update your mobo and also check the basics like is it the right model, you're not updating a newer model etc.. just check that.

Note: soz for not replying sooner, completely forgot about this post :P
    Note2: "C01 Support Pentium III CPU (08-17-2000)" not sure if this will do much good, unless you've need it for the above update

Advertisement