Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalkeeper Problem

• 02-08-2003 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I have a serious problem with both of my goalkeepers.
    Enke and Bonano insist on running out of their goal towards attackers, meaning I get lobbed all of the time.
    I've looked at their player instructions but there is nothing there encouraging them to do this.
    How do I stop these muppets throwing away games on me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

The main reason their rushing out is probably because it's just their particular style.

I've been messing about with training players and i've tried assigning coaches who are cautious and prefer a stand off-ish style of play for goalkeepers and defence. I've not been using it long, but it might have some kind of effect. Perhaps you could try it.

Otherwise just get another keeper.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

some keepers are more prone to this than others its a hidden stat the tendency to rush out. that rushing out stat you can see is there ability to rush out not their tendency.
    you just have to learn from experence which keepers are prone to this and which are not.
    Is youre defence leaving youre goalkeeper unprotected and forcing him to come out as youre playing as barcelona I assume youre fairly attack minded.Maybe you could play youre centre backs deeper failing that sign a new keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah I play fairly attacking football.
    Thing is, in 17 league games I've only conceeded 8 goals. But, 6 of them are easily down to Bonano rushing out.
    And DeBoer and Anderson are holding quite a tight line at the back. Bonano might run out and meet them on the edge of the 18 yard box to make a tackle which is insane.
    I'd understand if the defence had gone AWOL, but they havent.
    I'm thinking a new goalkeeper is next on the cards to sign.

Since posting this, Bonano has decided that he is a good goalkeeper. By this I mean, he is stopping everything including 2 penalties. Also for a team that was struggling to score goals I'm now banging them in. Last three league results read 6 - 1 (Athletico Madrid) 6 - 0 (Santander) and 8 - 0 (Rayo).
    Still going to try and get myself a new goalie though.

Oh and just a side note, in the Rayo game, Farnerud and Kallstrom got one each and Arteta got two. Only their second games too. Kluivert got the other four. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Kluivert was an absolute donkey for me, in a whole season he scored nothing but tap ins he simply couldn't put it past a keeper if it was in anyway difficult.

Usually in a match he'd have say 6 or 7 shots 4 or 5 on target and no goals. So frustrating. Eventually his finishing dropped to 11. Couldn't understand it.

Sold him to Malaga for £29.5m. They also took Overmars for £10m. Now they're in recievership.

• Advertisement

That's weird. Kluivert is usually always savage in cm.
    Him and Saviola are banging in the goals for me. With Cherno Samba getting his fair share too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yeah it was disappointing, I thought it might have been my stiker training but all the other forwards were showing great improvement.

He almost made me cry during the ECL semi-final against Juve. He was on the end of all my highlights and just kept passing it to Buffon.

I lost of course.

Ah well Saviola, Mido and Kapo are beasting it up up front. They're all a little young though.

I offered something like £45m (with games after appearences and so forth) for Tristan and his ilk. No dice though.

I think it's better to have younger forwards.
    They last a lot longer and it doesnt take too long for them to get big match experiences.
    I hope to add Mido next season, at the moment I have very little transfer funds to work with after buying Mexes and Chivu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Since posting this, Bonano has decided that he is a good goalkeeper. By this I mean, he is stopping everything including 2 penalties. Also for a team that was struggling to score goals I'm now banging them in. Last three league results read 6 - 1 (Athletico Madrid) 6 - 0 (Santander) and 8 - 0 (Rayo).
    Still going to try and get myself a new goalie though.

Oh and just a side note, in the Rayo game, Farnerud and Kallstrom got one each and Arteta got two. Only their second games too. Kluivert got the other four. :cool:

hoo does fernarud play for, i cant seem to find him, i assume u mean arteta from rangers?

Yeah Arteta from Rangers. He's on a £3.1m minimum fee release clause at the start of the game and he's a savage player.
    He's worth £29.5m for me now.

Farnerud plays for Landskrona in the Sweedish league. A quick search for Alexander Farnerud should find him.
    I bought him for £750k and in my fourth season now he's worth £25m.

Kallstrom cost me £2m, which was more than he was worth back then but a load of clubs were interested in him. So rather than lose out on him in a bidding war I offered 2m which was a fair bit more than his value and got him straight away. Worth £25.5m now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cheers i found them all, the search for farnerud wasnt working but i found him in the swedish squad

Advertisement