Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco respond to 'Breaking the law'

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Pointed out this thread to one of the local student union heads in Athlone. Reckons he may have a few hundred hungry members who might be very interested in Tesco's no quibble guarentee. So in a public spirited way, if anyone happened to know someone in a student union in Cork, Dublin, Galway etc and happened to mention.... .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sinclair

You wonder why they ignore you in the shop? they are probably breaking their hearts laughing at you after you leave,do you guys really have nothing better to do with your time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What, like posting witty put-downs on an internet forum?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by sinclair
    You wonder why they ignore you in the shop? they are probably breaking their hearts laughing at you after you leave,do you guys really have nothing better to do with your time

Yep...when I´m out doing my weekly shop I have nothing better to do than make sure that I´m not being screwed out of my hard earned money...

... this is what prevents me from giving you a witty put-down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Careful now folks, sinclair is obviously your intellectual superior. Watch out for further witty ripostes.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Watch This Space. My Tesco-Ninja Skillz are soon to be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

My advice for what it is worth:
    buy a few shares,
    write to the media get them to buy a few shares
    table a motion for AGM
    get media to support it and report it
    have more fun and get more coverage
    maybe they will then get their act together

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Those nutty US AGM motions (and by "nutty" I mean anything not covered by the memorandum and articles of assiciation) don't work as well over here. Here, shareholders are often restricted to refusing the directors their remuneration

(incidentally is Tesco a publically quoted or privately held company?)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by sceptre
    (incidentally is Tesco a publically quoted or privately held company?)
    Public, it's even listed in Dublin (the staff SAYE share scheme).

Tesco Smooth Orange Juice 1L - €0.99 (€0.99/L)
    Tesco Smooth Orange Juice Six pack £ Extra Value 6 x 1L - €5.94 (€0.99/L) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

don't work as well over here

Could that be because Tesco are a UK company. There was plenty of media stuff at their last AGM, with the farmers, palestinians and shareholders up in arms.

http://www.accountancyage.com/Features/1134161
    All current executive directors have two year rolling contracts and, according to LAPFF’s advisers PIRC, the contracts also contain pre-determined compensation clauses that could result in pay-offs of more than five times salary if terminated. The Tesco AGM is on Friday 13 June.

www.farmersforaction.org

Tesco is the only major supermarket chain not to support the Organic Targets Bill (30% organic food production by 2010).

Who grows your tomatoes? illegal Israeli settlements on the Occupied West Bank??

http://www.corporatewatch.org.uk/news/tescoAGM_2003.htm

Sir Terry said: “Tesco’s success is down to the ability of all our people, no matter where in the company they work, to understand and respond to customers.”

Well, they didn't listen to me! So, after much battling, my local Tesco got another visit from the ODCA. And hopefully told in no uncertain terms to stop selling vodka with no prices, vegetables with no weights on the packs, or crates of beer with no unit prices. Or, so I would hope. We shall see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Interesting to see that despite all this Tesco are now being taken to court for their Xmas offer selling spirits at cost price - anti-competitive apparently. I

t's difficult to shop around for the best prices, Mrs Harney, when retailers are getting a slap on the wrist for trying to undercut the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I have been complaining to tesco regarding prices (and getting stuff free as a result) for a while now but I have also been complaining about out of date stuff on the shelves too. As a result my sister and father were in my local tesco last week when my sister bought butter that had been half used (obviously by a taste tester woman) she went to the customer service desk to tell them and the girl there said "Oh thank God it isnt your sister", "we all hide when she heads this way

Sir Terry said: “Tesco’s success is down to the ability of all our people, no matter where in the company they work, to understand and respond to customers.”

Really??
    My father thought this was hysterical, (thanks dad) but my sister said I was only standing up for my rights and the girl did agree eventually.

gonk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The fully thing with Tesco is they often advertise products on the side of their packaging that is unavailable in Ireland.

Advertisement