Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barton 2500+ - To buy or not to buy??

• 02-08-2003 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

Just wonderin if anybody out there has any experience with this chip.What kinda overclocks are possible with standard cooling?
    Is it easy to hit the 200mhz FSB rate.I currently have ABIT's NF7-S motherboard which should be able handle most of my overclocking needs!

Would be deadly to get this chip to hit 3000+ speeds at a third of the price.:D
    Any advice would be much appreciated :) .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

People have overclocked it to 3200 speeds with watercooling, withmout you could probably get it to 3000 with a really good overclocking case and a high quality heatsink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    People have overclocked it to 3200 speeds with watercooling, withmout you could probably get it to 3000 with a really good overclocking case and a high quality heatsink.

and the rest of them have it at 3200 on air :)
    ive mine at 3200 (11*200) in a shuttle, upped volts to 1.7 tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive got one in that board and its classic . ( the board has a **** sound card tho ) u should be able to hit 3000 easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Good stuff ,me thinks I shall be purchasing that item ver soon.
    elexes Ur right about the sound it is ****e,thats why I got meself a creative extigy external sound card(not the best available but im happy out).
    What cooler would ye recommend (I don't want something that sounds like a hair-dryer either!).
    If i can get it to the same speed as the 3000+ i'll be well impressed
    watch this space....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I've mine on 13x166=xp3000 on a epox kt400. You'd probably get more from an nforce2 board as they usually lock the FSB & have better FSB/PCI ratios to select from.

Heatsink I'm using is a Coolermaster Aero7+ (quite large). Have vcore on 1.8 volts and the CPU fan on full whack :P (its not that loud compared to other performace coolers).

Very stable system on those settings and paired with the right graphics card (9700pro+) its an honourable performer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement