Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Lovin' Criminals...what happened..?

Options
  • 02-08-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

Come find yourself (1996) was an outstanding debut. This album was and still remains one of my all time favourites. Better than that, live at this time they were spectacular. The songs were rawer and edgier (If I had one complaint about th album it's that some of the tracks sounded too muffled..too muted..too pedestrian).

I didn't mind waiting for the second album. I'm not a fan of rush jobs, and there are enough artists churning out 2 albums in 18 months. But when 100 % Columbian (1998) came it was disappointing. Too schmoove. I wasn't happy, but hey, that's life.

So I waited. Mimosa (1999) came out. Now you mightn't expect much from a B-Sides/Rarities album, but this 'record' stank.

I don't feel like wasting words on Loco (2001) . Suffice to say it was sh1t.

Then they had the nerve to release Bag of Hits (2002), which they didn't deserve to have released in my opinion, and which would have had a much more accurate title with an extra 'S' in between the 'f' and the 'h'.

Are there any other people out there who are somewhat disgruntled and disappointed with the career development of FLC? They've released two crap albums, and two albums that don't merit their own existence...well almost. Don't give me that 'people don't have to buy them if they don't want to' line. Some people are too stupid to know better. All this following one of the most promising debuts I've ever heard.

What brought this rant on is that I've heard the new single "Too Hot". It's crap too..quelle surpris. They've conned a living...

Am I being too harsh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Well i never liked them one of my pet hates I have to change station every time I hear them or every time an ad featuring their music comes on almost as bad as aslan(nobody is that bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

agree with every word, it was basically the drugs, i mean they called it 100% columbian ffs

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my brother got mimosa the other day expecting more of the same tunage as there was on come find yourself:D
    its easily one of the worst albums i've ever heard, such a let down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

"Fun Lovin Criminals..... what happened?"

they sucked then. they suck now. end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yep buglar its true, I bought the first album when they came on the scene first too and it was very good, but they deteriorated fast but at the same time became incredibly popular here the craper they got. People raving about how cool they were, the usual people trying to jump on the hip wagon. I bet they've sold a hell of a lot of records in this country, no wonder they like the place, has-beens now though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have never rated them at all. i run for the nearest remote when they come on the tv or the radio

Advertisement