Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disconnecting problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Has everyone tried lowering their MTU to 1430? If lots of peeps are sending oversize packets then I'm not surprised a some routers are crapping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

its still happening, and more annoying is the lag once a minute .. grr

lag_5_7_03.jpg

[EDIT] and as i was trying to post this, it happened a second time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by ando
    what can I say, I love it when I'm right :D lol

got this email from support @ netsource:

They lied to you Ando said router is playing up again.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Its at it again, dropped from servers twice in the last half hour and having problems with web pages, someone over at netsource give that router a kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Aye same sh1te again tonight. Bloody ridiculous, have they no monitoring system ??? If any other ISP got this crap, they'd be on top of it.!!!!

Get yer finger out netsource.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

its still happening, and more annoying is the lag once a minute .. grr

lag_5_7_03.jpg

[EDIT] and as i was trying to post this, it happened a second time
    Ando, what prog are you using to get this graph....and where can I get it? :)

Problem's not solved yet, methinks.
    I got 2 disconnections last night.
    Total disconnections so that I couldn't access any sites or use email, icq, irc or msn.
    I forgot to check netsource.ie, though that's hardly necessary as we know the prob lies with one of their routers.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

[edit] not like me to post twice :) [/edit]

9 times since last night

[03:37] * Disconnected
    [03:42] * Disconnected
    [03:48] * Disconnected
    [03:50] * Disconnected
    [03:53] * Disconnected
    [04:05] * Disconnected
    [04:27] * Disconnected
    [04:30] * Disconnected
    [07:36] * Disconnected

all while idling in irc. funny enough the disconnections happned to my friend who is also in the same irc channel and using netsource.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

For some reason I get the same problem on IOL BB..

Could it be that there's a sort of auto disconnect or something?

I really would like for my DSL connection to be stable enough to stay on 24/7...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Synkronite
    I really would like for my DSL connection to be stable enough to stay on 24/7...
    Yes. That's what we're paying for... and a little bit of speed too....
    :sigh:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Yeah I had it losing all connections every 30-40 mins last night. I was able to ping netsource.ie but no other sites. This really sucked because I won 5 games of War3x in a row and was just cleaning up for my 6th win when the ****er dropped. Of course it was 4am by then and I REALLY had to go to bed, so I guess that was Netsource telling me I'm gonna be late for work.

Originally posted by Rancid
    what prog are you using

pingplotter

http://www.pingplotter.com/downloads/pngplt_2.exe

I didn't disconnect once lat night.
    Rang Netsource today about the dodgy router.

"Yes we are awrae of problems on the line there is nothing wrong with your setup we thought we had fixed it but there are service people out looking at it and will let you know when it's fixed."

yada yada yada me thinks she wanted to run out to get her lunch at the time tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by dj_ste
    yada yada yada me thinks she wanted to run out to get her lunch at the time tho.
    To be fair, there's absolutely nothing worse than getting a call just as you're about to leave. It's usually someone who will be on for ages, so you gotta do your best to end the conversation in the first minute :)

6 more disconnections since 7 this evening.....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

and the pings are gone $hit again from 7 or 8pm onwards. I shall be moving to eircom

and the pings are gone $hit again from 7 or 8pm onwards. I shall be moving to eircom
    Did you phone support to complain?
    I called today to report the continuing disconnections and got the impression I was the only one still experiencing (reporting?) problems:(

Changing to Eircom isn't something I'd consider... 2 reasons, the cap and isn't interleaving turned on high?

Rancid I haven't experienced any disconnections.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I haven't noticed any disconnections either. Maybe it's cause I have connect-on-demand enabled on the router and it's just reconnecting immediately.

• Advertisement

ofcourse, anytime I say I'm having ping problems, they dismiss it as being a contention problem. I get told to 'send in a few ping results' every time I ring. They'll do f*ck all until there are plenty of people complaining. Third time I've been here btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I called today to report the continuing disconnections and got the impression I was the only one still experiencing (reporting?) problems:(

Changing to Eircom isn't something I'd consider... 2 reasons, the cap and isn't interleaving turned on high?

I bitched and moaned to them on the phone today. I got contention this and contention that. Boll0x really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

contention should only affect download speeds when implemented correctly. Ping should not be affected. i forget where i read this...

ok. according to http://www.irishspeedtest.com/
    Your current bandwidth reading is:

424.40kbps

which means you can download at 53.05 KB/sec. from our servers.
    yet my pings are woeful.

5 minute graph to www.jolt.co.uk around 10:30pm.

5minute_jolt.gif

the red lines i think are considered to be packet loss. :( usually i would get 35 - 40 pings to jolt.co.uk during daytime.

and here's the same 5 minute graph when www.netsource.ie is pinged.

5minute_netsource.gif

again, small bursts of packet loss. usually i would ping 20 - 25 during the daytime. something is very very wrong with netsource.

adnans

yes adnans, thats exactly the same performance as me, I'm getting 52KBps from irishspeedtest, but my pings are a disaster + the f*cking spikes of lag are always there in the background

Advertisement