Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Lan Meet

Options
  • 08-03-1999 7:44pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to know who is interested in going up to the North on the 28th for their lan meet.
    I've been told that entry costs will be reduced for southerners.

They want a game against our team but also perhaps a big mosh game of 8 v 8.

I'm dicussing the possibility of sourcing machines from them (there is a very strong chance of this) but I have to talk about cash for that (there may be some available).

So, anyone for northern ireland??
    I'm particularly interested in people with cars etc as I may need transport.

DeVore.

ps: just to fuel debate and keep this topic up top my 8 player squad would be the 4 lads who make up team.ie plus
    Koopa
    Overlord
    Mickah
    and ... heheh just keep you all guessing smile.gif

What would your team be???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

+ slaanesh (without his frag glory hunting tendency)

Mickah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Norman

Hi,

Just on the above note:

We would like to extend an invitation to all gamers in the South.

We have a prize pool of over £3000.00, so your day trip may prove to be well worth your while if not only for the craic.

Machines are available for hire but you need to contact [mail]info@simplesystems.co.uk[/mail] us A.S.A.P. as these are being prebooked.

Have a look at the website for more details:-
    www.lanmeat.co.uk

See you there,

The Lanmeat Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Alan

(keeping with the trend set by mickah)

+ your good self devore smile.gif

BTW I'd be interested in going as a spectator if its just up to the North.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

I'd be up for the lan meet alrite Gotta (check the oul financial funds tho, beer etc..). As for that 8th member, Slaan or Chaos would b ur best bet me thinks. Possibly another CW tongue.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, just to be clear (like you wouldnt have worked this out for yerselves) EVERYONE is invited to this public lanmeet and the idea of rented computers sounds great (something I'll look into for QPII)

Lorcan I am ruling out for age reasons (lorcan if you disagree please let me know!)

I'm away for a week frm Saturday which couldnt be timed worse, so if anyone feels like doing the mindnumbing work of organising cars and the team etc, reply here and I'll farm out work to specific individuals.

Lets go knock some northern heads together!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

ZERO!
    he rocks at ca...everyone knows tha!
    DONT THEY!

Dev,
    If i'm goin, i'll take el mini machine. Thats 3 persons + me, or about 3 machines + 1 person + me.
    (Sounds like a maths equation)

It's during my holiers, just the cash situation is tricky.

Mickah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ynum yNom part II.

Yah Ill go along too. Sounds a blast and I'll bring a few pc's aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Erm not to sounds tooo biased but I think
    Chaos should be inclued he a great asset to
    any team and Slan 2 smile.gif
    Erm count me in
    id love to go

Judas^cD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I'm going up north
    need pc and lift
    jahh

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks for the compliment Alan but I can think of a BAZILLION better people then me (well at least 6 smile.gif )

I hadnt actually got anyone in mind to be honest having completely forgotten Slann and Chaos, both good players. Lets see how things pan out and who can go. That team was only a hook to get you all to post, I havent actually thought of an 8 player team and to be honest its going to be something of a ffa since we wount have time to practice before then. The Northern boys seem keen too, so I wouldnt write them off.

Grand so, but I need definites for cars and machines. We can rent them too if we want (its very reasonable I believe but we need to book before hand.)

Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ehh wha..
    how much is it to hire a 17" monitor for the day?
    otherwise im stuck on a 15" donated job..
    i cant bring my own monitor..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hmmm

Sounds groovy to me.
    If it's open to all, I'll toddle up with me PC for a bit of LPB fun. COS I ROCK WITH A LOW PING. smile.gif There ain't one of you girls can touch me on a level playing field at CA. Have to brush up on me War and duel stuff though. Hehe. If I go with me PC and car. I have room for either:

2 More PCs. 0r
    2 More people. or
    1 PC and One person.

(For all those of you as crap as me at maths,
    fourier me ar$e). smile.gif

I'm heading from Galway, and I'm assuming this is a Belfast do, this correct Devvy?

Also wanna make sure there's a spot on the hub for me.

Hail To The King, Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Slaan, Chaos and Lorcan are indeed the next best 3 in Ireland.

Where is the LAN meet on? Belfast? Hmmm 28th ... that's plenty of notice - I haven't been to one of these lan thingies in ages - I could bring a car up. Koopa I could probably take your massive 17" load in my moist boot.

(edit - depends on the gf though sad.gif )Wowser - imagine von, beast, tomb, bunny, slaan/chaos, mickah, overlord and koopa playing for the same team. effing hell.)

[This message has been edited by earthworm_jim (edited 09-03-99).]

For More info on the meet go here...
    http://www.lanmeat.co.uk/se7en/start.htm

Jaden you had your chance to meet CG on a level playing field and where were you???
    No where to be seen... meanwhile I raped your DD buddies!

Take it.

We'll see what sort of team we can rustle up for the day. Actually I think I *will* play in one game cos I'm sick of organising and never getting to play smile.gif But frankly I think the big games will be fun games just for a laugh like.

Anyhow, more later. Ta for the offers of lifts lads.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Not too sure if i'm bz on the 28th, but if some1 can gimme a lift along with my pc (Me looks in EWJ direction tongue.gif), I'd b a bit happy |8-D
    FurY
    Ps, If i do go and do have me pc with me Bunny, ur welcome to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Count me in on that, though myself and my puter need a lift up...any volunteers smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Well, seeing as ye're organising the team for the north, I'd like to take charge of the CA team, seeing as that's all I play these days. Ye northern lads take us on 5 v 5??

We have loads of regular CA players, we can make a class team. So I'll take charge of CA team if nobody objects. The team will be a few out of Devore, Mickah, Chaos, Vex, etc, all the regular CA boyz. (Lorcan and Daa if they can come too)

We might be able to drive up, if Jay gets his car by the end of the month. btw, he would be my next choice after the four on the team to play. He used to lose it in a tough game but not any more, the lad scares me.

Z.

mmmmmm, kick some in CA

Mickah

Go for it Zero.
    In fact, I'd appreciate it if you could sort out the lift situation too as I will be away from my machine for a week (snowboarding hehe cant wait smile.gif )

Here's hoping that they have a CA server we can invade and infest like the french one smile.gif
    Zero, you go girl!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm,

Gettin very tempted to go along to this meet....which means I may drive......goddamit that'll mean I have to reload quake on this system again......

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Devils Advocate

Its great to see you guys are taking such an interest in Lanmeat Se7en.
    The more of you guys we get up here the better.
    If we can help you in any way please contact us.

Rob.

For and on behalf of 'The Lanmeat Team'.

Advertisement