Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumper Speed Settings

Options
  • 02-08-2003 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

maybe its cos im horribly hungover but i just cannot remember what way to setup the speed jumpers on a board i just got for an AMD Athlon 3000XP. What speed should the FSB be set at for this kind of processor and then what speed in the bios for the cpu frequency. Having complete mind block for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

It should be 166Mhz fsb.
    I think its only the 3200's are 200Mhz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

when i set the jumpers to 166 FSB it wont boot at all. What the feck?

heres the board, im sure it supports the processor just dont understand why it doesnt boot when i set it to 166.

http://www.matsonic.com/ms8147cr.htm

can anyone give any further help with this? Im mad to get the machine out today and stilll cant get the fecker to boot on 166.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

hmm , and your the one with the shop!. well of it aint a barton its 266 but of course , divide that by two to get 133 , if its a barton its 333 , divided by two is ..... well thing is the only thing that can get me asleep in this f*cking weather is the last of ryos malibu, cheers. , so well , Im bolloxed.

yeah i did all of the above and it didnt work. Turns out it was a dud processor, the replacement worked perfectly first time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement