Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stand up for the CHAMPIONS!

• 02-08-2003 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

all the talk is about over-rated chelsea and liverpool.

kewell and finnan and all of a sudden their unbeatable. same with chelsea, duff, geremi, bridge and they'll be champions.

utd are still britains no.1, quality, class, experience, money, millions of fans.... nobody rivals them.

will liverpool fans QUIT thinking their gonna win the league, ya's havn't won it for 14years. every season they say, this is our season and they end up with a plastic trophy or 2 and think their great.

BORING BORING LIVERPOOL... utd dont play 11men on the line tactics, they attack with flair and creativity unlike liverpool. ive nothing against chelsea, they're decent but still cant match utd. noone can.

watch utd dominate and retain their trophy this season.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thought this would have been about Bohs or somfin.
    Guess not :D

yeah man utd great ,best ever yadda yadda.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Utd need a world class def to play alongside "the still has alot to learn Ferdinand" they'll be exposed again in The CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bohemians would beet united any day there real CHAMPIONS!!!

Glen Crowe is twice the player nistelroy is and bohs have nicer jersey's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

[Personal insults are not allowed on this board - do it again and your banned - Gandalf].

. If no one can rival them, how come Arsenal can win the title and would have one it, if Vieira and crew were fit for the entire season Man Utd wud be in the dust. Ferguson wud have retired and that over-rated player keane wud have 2. And need I remind the trashin in the Champions League against Real Madrid, best match ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the trashing in the champs league? we beat them at old trafford and lost the 2leg tie by a single goal, hardly a trashing.

take henry and vieira out of arsenal and they're a mid-table side. when one of those two gets injured arsenal fall apart. defence i'll admit is a bit shakey but what defence isnt? keane has still got it, if he was still playing for ireland nobody would be criticising him, he'd still be the main man.

utd ALWAYS retain the title after winning it, this season will be no different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Im waiting for Fergie to buy a worldclass cb and a new att midfielder. If he sells, Veron, then we need two new world class midfielders...

Man utd would be a mid table side without scholes and nistelrooy infact a lot of sides would be if u took there 2 best players

if he does sell veron, he'll have a massive transfer kitty over, 40m. im sure he'll buy at least one big name before the start of the season but i think he's holding out 'til january to see how the teams doing and if it needs strengthening.

But we would still finish ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal if that was the case and we would still win the league.

• Advertisement

i think he's holding out 'til january to see how the teams doing and if it needs strengthening.

WE NEED EXTRA STRENGTH!!! Thats a fact. We need a world class Attacking Midfielder and a cb. blanc is gone, so Silvestre covers, then its O Shea on left and G Neville on right with Ferdinand. What is one of those gets injured?

Arsenal orchealsea or Newcastle win the premeirship thats what :):):)

we've got brown, silvestre, o'shea, 2nevilles and rio, 6 well known defenders, thats more than enough. however i do agree we need another big name.

and as we seen last season keane could slip into the back 4 if needed. im interested to see djemba in action, is he a quality player or overreated? fergie is usually good at picking young players.

Djemba is good...he was the only one alive in the Man Utd V Nantes match back in the Cl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Funny how Man Utd fans never mention the quarter century they won diddly squat exept a few FA Cups...? (and got relegated! by City!! by Denis Law!!!)

Of course as the average Man Utd fan is too young/ignorant and does'nt know of these things....:rolleyes:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Gangsta what personal insults?:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Champions, you mean A.C. Milan, the team ranked number one in the world but FIFA, UEFA, ESPN and World Soccer magazine?

funny how liverpool are going the exact same way as manutd. past 14 years they've won a few plastics cups. i wouldnt even call it 'won', more like cheated. they take no risks and play football like a chess game. they're afraid to attack.

utd fans aren't arrogant, they're confident, used to success and expect more. the english press hype them up as with all english teams. but utd are still the best in england, champions are the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mike65
    Funny how Man Utd fans never mention the quarter century they won diddly squat exept a few FA Cups...?

Sorry there mike but your wrong. If you check back my posts you will see that I have indeed mentioned the lean years. Its not our fault that we have progressed from there and dont need to look back decades when recalling our successes .

What I find funny though is how the very mention of man utd seems to get under some peoples skin here. I put it down to petty jealousy inspired by all that success UTD have hade in the past decade.:D

no, i mean utd, the champions of england. milan are the best side in europe, only because they avoided meeting madrid in the final.

8 quarter finals in a row, the most consistent side in europe, its man utd. they're not the best in europe but are never far of it.

• Advertisement

milan are the best side in europe, only because they avoided meeting madrid in the final.

I Think its Time to ask the obvious. If milan are the best team in Europe how come they we absent from the European Cup FInal.

EDIT< sorry getting my teams mixed upmixed up> EDIT

Milan are the best in Europe because thier entire first team could be injured and they would still have a Champions league standerd side.

Abbiati

Simic
    Roque Junior
    Costacurta
    Pancaro

Serghino
    Ambrosini
    Pirlo
    Redondo

Rivaldo

Tomasson

What other team has reserves like that?

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I Think its Time to ask the obvious. If milan are the best team in Europe how come they we absent from the European Cup FInal.

Milan WON the european cup final...

What planet have you been on?

i agree milan have a quality side. and yes they did win the european cup!

over-all, i would take milan over madrid for a two-legged tie. for a one-off match madrid would win. madrid at present are the best all-round side in europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

This forum really has turned into the 'Man Utd Show', i support them but I'm tired of all the topics on them. And I'd just like to say that Utd are going to have alot tougher time next year. Arsenal still have all the quality they had last year, Newcastle are just getting better, Liverpool have the potential and the signings they made could be the key to their success. So I wouldn't go as far as crowning Utd champions before the season even starts.

Real are the best team in the world...not Man Utd, not Milan...REAL MADRID.

I would bet my house that Milan would beat Real.
    Infact, they made Real look like a lower division side inthier CL match last season.

Real didn't have a clue with to do with Rui costa and Shevchenko.

Gattauso kept zidane quiet all match, Figocouln't make a dint on Kaladze,
    Raul and Ronaldo didn't get a sniff all game, Milan were unlucky to only score one goal, ut what a goal it was for Andriy the great.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by mike65
    Funny how Man Utd fans never mention the quarter century they won diddly squat exept a few FA Cups...? (and got relegated! by City!! by Denis Law!!!)

Of course as the average Man Utd fan is too young/ignorant and does'nt know of these things....:rolleyes:

Mike.
    We are talking about the present mike! All Liverpool fans seem to live on their reputation in the 80's. You have a good team, but not as good as United. The least you can do is admit that. I admitted it when we were winning fuck all

Sorry for getting my teams mixed up earlier. I always mix up milan with inter for some strange reason. As Milan won the cup this year imo they were the best team in europe

• Advertisement

Utd won't have a chance of winning Europe this season...not a single chance...unless they buy a new cb and an attacking midfielder before registration on thursday for the cl...then were ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Please lock this thread.
    Every ManUre thread ends up the same.

ManUFan: OMG MANU = TEH WIN!!
    Other person: Quite simply, no.
    ManUFAN: !!!!!11!one!11! U = TEH SUX. LIVERPOOL = TEH SUX, CHELSEA...

*more manure fans arrive and spout about how they're going to win the quadruple this season and how arsenal will be relegated, and how the past means nothing and how everything manure doesnt win is a plastic trophy*

*Non-ManU fans ramble together and give Manure fans the same treatment*

*Flame war*

God,please lock the thread.

Major over reaction. was that neccessary? What did you contribute to this thread about Man Utd?

Milan may have won the champions league but shouldn't the best team in europe have won there own league.The top few sides in europe could beet each other 1 night and lose the next.But we shouldnt be saying the best side in europe is the best in the world Boca juniors could take that title if they beat Milan

Originally posted by smemon
    utd ALWAYS retain the title after winning it, this season will be no different.

What happened in the 1998 season and 2002 and that year Blackburn won. 1 Bluff. Even though Man Utd won that match, they wore torn to pieces at every attack Real Madrid made at Old Trafford (except the sitter Portillo missed) and also Real Madrid don't buy centre-backs so don't be so content with beating ol' Hierro with the tap-ins Man Utd scored. Also Man U only scored one clear-cut goal in the two legs, Beckham's free-kick (:p no more of that eh?). Bestie even said so so :p again, that's 2bluffs now.

gangsta what are you like?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Man utd would be a mid table side without scholes and nistelrooy infact a lot of sides would be if u took there 2 best players

Well said, well said. I couldn't agree more. And about "Keano" thing is he DOESN'T play for Ireland and it's his fault, 100%. He's always fighting with other players, should be banned from the game. Also that guy on Man City he injured on purpouse should press charges on him

Keane is a scumbag. He destroyed Hallands game for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I have to say, having seen the Celtic and Juventus game United are looking lethal. 4-0, 4-1 :o

Gangsta
    What happened in the 1998 season and 2002 and that year Blackburn won.

Well the year blackburn won it Cantona got himself banned for most of the season. If we would have got 2 more points that year we would have won and youll never convince a utd supporter that cantona would not have provided that for us. 98 again injury to our best player cost us. 2002 Fergie fell out with stam and sold him just into the season leaving utd short on defence and handing the title to the gunners. But for all the other years since 1993 we got things right. Utd Fans dont really expect to win everything every year.

As for Europe you seem to be gloating that we lost against Real.
    We lost on the away goals rule against what some consider to be the best team in the world . They played some of the best
    football seen this year particularly in their home leg and deserved their win. With a bit of luck we could have scored more goals too but we didint asi said we don't expect to win every match.

As your are an arsenal supporter your bitterness about utd is not surprising but maybe you should be worrying about your own teams performancees (or lack of them) in europe instead of getting so concerned about the CHAMPIONS.

Beckham's free-kick ( no more of that eh?).
    This must mean you didnt see giggs free kick against Juve in the USA.:p

tellox
    Please lock this thread.

I dont see any flaming in this thread . Just banter and an exchange of opinions. Nobody is forcing you to read the man u threads if you dont like them just dont read it.:p

in response to man utd losing on away goals to real it wasent iwas by 1 clear goal. First leg Real 3-1 utd second real 3-4 utd

over the two legs real 6-5 utd.

• Advertisement

no matter what anyone says, anyone thinks, utd are better than arsenal, liverpool and chelsea. utd are the champions. they finished above everyone and are the best team in england.
    :D

yes but they didnt win the FA cup league cup or the best of the bunch the community shield(yes they werent in that competiton but thats because of there own bad performance) didnt win the LVD vans trophy either(i know premiership clubs cant enter it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

utd = best ever?
    18-15 and 4 proper european cups suggest otherwise

i can't wait for rednose to retire, back in his "final" season (2 years ago) they finished third, what will it be like when he finally does leave? :D
    (when is he gonna retire?)

boohoo, the scum had injury trouble, so does every team, its no excuse, they didn't have enough depth in the squad, did they?

theres no gayer team than man utd all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by eyerer
    utd = best ever?
    18-15 and 4 proper european cups suggest otherwise

i can't wait for rednose to retire, back in his "final" season (2 years ago) they finished third, what will it be like when he finally does leave? :D
    (when is he gonna retire?)

boohoo, the scum had injury trouble, so does every team, its no excuse, they didn't have enough depth in the squad, did they?

eyerer, you're living in the past. How do you feel relying on another teams manager to retire so your team can look better! :rolleyes: The very fact that you call another team 'scum' shows that you can't have a proper footy discussion.

It's sad when a thread decends into childish rubbish (about not winning the LDV trophy & the community shield which they didn't even play in!) and name calling from a bitter rival fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Originally posted by SteM
    eyerer, you're living in the past. How do you feel relying on another teams manager to retire so your team can look better! :rolleyes: The very fact that you call another team 'scum' shows that you can't have a proper footy discussion.

It's sad when a thread decends into childish rubbish (about not winning the LDV trophy & the community shield which they didn't even play in!) and name calling from a bitter rival fan.

Im a hardcore Pool fan and Im with you SteM. The whole 18/4 versus whatever amount of trophies debate has no winner and makes Pool fans seem desperate. It makes me wonder sometimes whether fans hate their opposition more than love their own team!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Maybe we should make a Man U forum and chuck alll the "were great" "no your not" people in there :)

I dont like the fact that almost every thread here eventually end up Man U fans V ABU's..

To be honest its boring for the rest of us..

Thread locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH I have no problem with Manyoo posts on the forum but as vagga says its getting very boring in here at the moment with some of the childish drivel thats being posted by "certain" members.

Gandalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement