Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Nite WARfest any1???

Options
  • 08-03-1999 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Getting V bored with CA. Wheres all the wars gone I ask. Well, where is every1 gone? *Ahem*, cutting to the chase. Read ButherofNog's post about 4v4 tourne in q2 for Saturday morn. How bout doin the same for q1, say l8 on Friday nite.(If mommy wont let u stay up l8, TUFF, bsides I have no money to got out this weekend smile.gif) Just enter a team of 4 (Dont all have to b from 1 particular clan)and post it as a reply to this by Friday Nite, ie b4 9pm. If ya cant make up a team of 4, send me a blank email with only ur name as the topic and I'll stick ya into a team with some others in the same predicament as urself.(u can gimme somethin to read tho if ya want, roll on the xxx stories, scratch that.)My email is cdfurious@hotmail.com for those to lazy or thick to click on profiles. Dont worry, I'll make em fair smile.gif Beast and Koops r with me tho smile.gif I dont care if CW bagged him! Maps will b DM3, DM2, ukcldm2 and Androm9, tho i am open to suggestions. If any1 wants to give me a hand with this, feel free to say so. We can play matches simutaneously on both war1 and indo, possibly IQCL server. Each match will last the normal 20 mins. I know some ppls connects r pants to some of those servers, but i wanna get as many involved as quickly as possible. *Remember its only a laff.* Depending on how many matches ppl wanna play, we can have it either knockout or every1 plays every1. I'm up for the latter. I.e Play as many as humainly possible. (Stock up on the Redbull kids, Gonna be a long nite wink.gif The prospect of this looks good, eg, at least 4 teams entered by Wednesday, I'll post more. Feel free to mail me with any questions or suggestions.

FurY..hungry for a war.

Ps, If ya think this aint gonna work, just say so now, if it does tho, we could make it into a regular thing. No prizes tho. Sure Koops could sort ya out with some chipolaters tho smile.gif. Soz for the BIg dirty long post btw. I know i hating reading things this length too tongue.gif

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sunday night would be better (I had asked about before) and besides friday is nethouse night...

Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Point taken, well, what ever nite suits ppl the best this weekend, just not saturday if possible cause i have obligations. Tho i wood organise it for Saturday, just i wont b there sigh sad.gif ya cant do that to ME!!

F. Come on ya muppets, lets have a war plzzzzzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Erm great idea FurY , cause Irish quake
    atm is gone to SH*T , to much ca for my
    liking and I was also think of a 2-2 league
    any teams go :/

Judas^cD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

just as long as its not the same time as the quake2 one like...some folk play both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Why are yiz all moaning about CA and how it corrupts all the good players
    DONT FOOKING PLAY IT THEN IF ITS SOO SH!ITE
    just dont spend all time on irc and here b*tching about how ca is crap, ca is gey , ca has no skill.

ps i love you fury wink.gif

[This message has been edited by DEATH (edited 09-03-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

No, Death, I can't speak for other ppl, but atm I have all but given up. I played CA in the first place to help improve my aim, timing and prediction...which it has done immeasureably ( I was really ****e when i started, though some would say that I'm not much better now tongue.gif)
    These days, I like to play the odd bit of CA for the fun, but it is no longer that, since more and more if i touch the ground i land in grenade soup. Now before ppl think that I'm moaning bout spamming...wel I'm not (really), If some of u feel that thats the only way you'll score points, then fire ahead.
    My point being that now that I have CA out of my system, I wanna play wars...and lots of em. Last weekend there were about 5 wars on...3 on saturday 2 on sunday
    What ever happened to startin wars at 8pm....and keepin playin til 8am????
    noone plays wars anymore, and we should...we need the praccy...all of us (who are still interested)

Btw, I can't play this weekend, but in future Fury...sign me up smile.gif

Dev, surely not everybody in irish quake gonna be at the net house smile.gif Bsides aint that mainly q2 and starcraft(spit) tongue.gif heads?? Come on lads, lets get a couple of wars goin for petes sake. Wars are mad crack once ya get into them.
    FurY.
    Ps, Judy and Death, plz dont start have a ca argument here smile.gif. As for my opinion on CA, i like it, just being overplaying it recently. Getting bored of it. Wanna concentrate on wars and duels now. BrinG BAQ BARRYSWORLD!!.

Nvr quite realised the amount of q1 players that went to net house. Gladly willing to put it to Sunday. Just theres no playing tru the nite now tho doh sad.giftongue.gif Think i mite got to the net house smile.gif
    FurY....that aint final yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

No Fury....this sunday suits me grand...but it kinda defeats the purpose.....hours n hours of wars....ya just canna do it ona sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Start earlyish on Sunday around 7pm. There hasnt been many wars lately cos people are studying and so on. Don't panic. Pick teams from whoever turns up.

• Advertisement

Sunday at 7 it is then. 5 hours of solid quakin sounds good to me.
    FurY.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hmmmm

Sounds good to me. I've been playing so much CA that I've gone "rusty" to say the least at Warring. Count me in, and if any of the other DD girlies read this, lets get a team together, and have a bit of a laugh. Sunday it is.....

Hail To The King, Baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Well I think we should get it a bit more
    organised ie teams not just who turns up
    cause it will go to SH*T after awhile
    A 2-2 league would be a great laugh
    imagin BUnny and Tomb playin together or even Koopa and Beast. 4-4 is to much like the iqcl
    we need a change smile.gif
    It would rock, make it proper, Irish quake
    need a goin over to keep the stanard up
    Sorry Death wasnt slaggin Ca I was just seein to much of it latly smile.gif
    Judas^cD

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well, if people start 2 v 2 then I could see my way clear to altering the dueling ladder (iqool) so that it becomes the IQTVTL (or some equally silly acronym).

But I'm not doing all that work for it to be left to rust again.

I like the idea of 2 v 2 and its accessible to new players. Sunday sounds good to start with but we could play anytime.

Unfortunately I'll be away for 7 days from Saturday, as I am off to Italy for my annual excursion to find fresh, untouched snow to fall flat on my face in.

DeV.

Dont worry Dev, we mite survive 1 week without ur glorious god like presence. tongue.gif
    Tiz doubtful tho....... smile.gif
    Have Sunday as a kinda warm up thingie. let ppl have a taste of whats to come. While u're away, Judy and I can start enrolling teams so that when ur baq, we can start getting things movin real quick b4 ppl lose interest.

Yah, its not so much you guys doing without me, more me not wanting to miss what sounds like the start of something cool.

Ah well. BTW I removed the two messages above as they were identical to the first (before anyone claims I'm censoring Fury for poking fun at me...just you wait F ;p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

youre censoring him for making fun of you.
    we demand that you put back those 2 posts at once.

oh yeah, fury if you need help setting this up, me and scarab are willing to help...

GOodstuff, always helps to have a ninja arab and his camel tongue.gif
    FurY.
    Ps. B4 any1 even thinks it, Koopa's camel is not Scarab. Scarab's car possibly smile.gif

Advertisement