Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to iolbb

• 02-08-2003 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

just a simple question.
    I sent off my application forms for iolbb yesterday and was wondering, when the stuff turns up does that mean my line will be activated and ready to go or will they email later to let me know when it's up and running

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Some people have been getting their modem's before the line is on

though it is stander iol policy to send the modem AFTER the line is turned on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

thanks biz, gives me a better idea what to expect( nice to think when the gear arrives the line is ready to go, although i bought my own hardware in maplin, so there gear is just back-up if lightning decides it doesn't like my modem)

Np

i hope you enjoy IOLBB and dont have as many problums as some of us

by the way, is there anything extra i should know, i.e. modem setting etc., or is all that stuff provided. I only ask cos i'm not using their hardware

no they provide a cd with drivers for THEIR modem which set up the connection

I dont think they give a "manule" set up guide

Though i do know people here have done it so they will help you :)

• Advertisement

so if i use there modem to get the connection up and running and then use my gear from then on, will i be ok

Not sure iv never done it before so i cant advice you on it sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

if you can access the settings page of the modem they give you then you should just be able to copy the settings and put them on your own modem? stuff like vpi and vci and service name, and you would have your login and password already. even if you can't you'll probably find them with a search here ... ironically a search for eircom dsl settings on google is how i stumbled onto boards.ie in the first place!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by deadduck
    i bought my own hardware in maplin, so there gear is just back-up if lightning decides it doesn't like my modem)

Get a surge protection unit then..i have one for my telephone lines, it also protects my PC hardware from surges and spikes.

Advertisement