Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD audio doesnt need DVD-ROM audio cable?

• 02-08-2003 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Trying to figure this out:

I have two DVD drives (one old i have set to region 1, and a new one set to region 2)

Only one drive has the audio cable hooked up, yet both drives play DVD Audio fine.

Am i to assume the audio cable isnt needed then? And in that case, why is there an audio cable there in the first place
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by gs39t
    Am i to assume the audio cable isnt needed then? And in that case, why is there an audio cable there in the first place :confused:
    The audio cable's basically there for analogue transfer. Hop into WMP, go for Options, Devices tab click Properties on your drive, change it to Analog and try playing a CD/DVDAudio then.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

So bottom line, it isnt needed for DVDs?

Thats all i need to know :)

Advertisement