Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is morning a time period or a state of mind???

Options
  • 02-08-2003 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Morning, is it a strictly defined time period between 00:01 and 11:59 or is it that magical hour, hour and a half after you wake up.

Lets have ur opinions ppl!

What is morning 18 votes

Time Period
    0% 0 votes
    State of mind
    22% 4 votes
    OMG this is a waste of time
    38% 7 votes
    Vodka
    38% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

It's both, Aonghus.
    And dude, please. It's a huge board, and I checked, you've made 25 posts, all of them in this forum in the last day! I don't mean to offend, and I know I'm hypocritical for talking about spam, but dude, there's spam and there's way too ****ing much posts.
    And enough with arsing around with the size codes :(
    Just a little friendly advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sol my friend there is a difference between spamming, and having WAY too much time on your hands. In my case its the latter. Bear in mind dat i only got my internet fixed yesterday and i have a LOT of catching up to do. But i take ur point about the size code thing, i'll edit dat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Catching up? What are you talking about you only joined yesterday!

And a personal request from me: Stop being lazy and use something that resembles correct grammer. "Txt typing" is really annoying. You have the whole keyboard in front of you y'know! Typing like that ****s peoples English up royally.

I meant catching up with everyone from CTYI. And there is nothing wrong with txt typing, it is simply an evolution of the english language and will someday be a perfectly normal form of writing. If someone in Shakespearean times were to read what we consider proper grammer he wouldn't have a clue what it meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

The day txt typing becomes a "perfectly normal form of writing" is the day I lose faith in the human race. Oh wait, that's already happened...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 So-on

It's all part of a secret ploy to devolve human kind into cavemen again...

We go from 'UG UG UG' to 'WHAT A PLEASANT EVENING' straight back to 'TXT U L8R, BBFN' and the like....

It's absurd... short-hand will soon become simple letters, and then reluctant grunts...

Stop the madness!!!!!

I vote to install a new law which prevents words less than 3 syllables being uttered outside of Ballymun... and Shelbyville...

Are you with me?? Fight the insanity (outside of one's head, for a change)

Join now and recieve a lifetimes supply of free oxygen...

.. and remember FREE SPEECH FOR ALL (as long as it has precise grammar, punctuation, spelling....)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Jaffer
    there is nothing wrong with txt typing, it is simply an evolution of the english language and will someday be a perfectly normal form of writing.
    The day that happens is the day that I ascend the clocktower to deal out judgement to anyone I see texting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Evolution is an advancement. I don't see how poor spelling, far too many abbreviations, substituting numbers for words and bad grammar can be considered an advancement in the English language. Well, perhaps substituting numbers for words could, but something far more complex than typing 2 instead of to or 8 instead of ate.
    Oh, and keeping with the thread topic, morning can be considered both a state of mind and a time period.

Okay, i take your point and recant my statement.
    But we're going off topic here, back to the morning issue!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

And another thing: where's our Atari Jaguar option?

/me watches as every newbie starts saying "wtf is atari jaguar?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by Zukustious
    And a personal request from me: Stop being lazy and use something that resembles correct grammer. "Txt typing" is really annoying. You have the whole keyboard in front of you y'know! Typing like that ****s peoples English up royally.

heh, beat me to it actually. was intending to adress that issue :)

sorry but there is nothing worse than txt typing. it makes my stomach want to jump out of my throat and strangle you....nothing personal.

tbh morning is a frame of mind for me. its all day. and i hate mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

/me watches as every newbie starts saying "wtf is atari jaguar?"

wtf IS atari jaguar? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Morning is morning. Y'know... before noon and after midnight.

Duh.

Oh and yeah... text talk not only makes you an arse (i'll forgive you this once :p) but also makes you sound like a 13 year old preppy girl. No offense to 13 year old preppy girls though... 16 year old preppy girls are MUCH worse.

Oh and re: Atari Jaguar rtfm (or in this case the newby F&Q) and neil i suggest Barry be beaten with a small infirm wooden rod as punishment for dragging up Atari Jaguar just to seem so l337.

J00 ¬ 73|¬ |)00|)!!!1!! |-|4><0¬ 73|¬ |*14|\|37 |)0000000|)!!!!!1111!!!11####

<troll> :ninja:

Ok i think its been established that i was wrong to use txt talk.
    But what the hell is atari jaguar!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I know I'm a bit late, but for the love of God type properly. Also, to whomever referred to Ballymun in an (in my opinion) derogatory fashion: you are a smelly twat. I challenge you to write a coherent, grammatically correct reply to this post using only words with three syllables or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Text type is annoying, except in texting, where it's expected. Morning doesn't exist for me, I try not to get up that early anyway. Just let the Atari Jaguar thing go. I've been ignoring it for a year now. Hi Aonghus, by the way. Oh, and don't try a verbal fight with Bob, he has the power to get everyone here to slag you off the board....God, that sounds so familiar

By the way Aonghus, that vodka thing is mine, give it back!

Dave, the vodka thing is NOT yours, it didn't come up until after you left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 So-on

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    ...Also, to whomever referred to Ballymun in an (in my opinion) derogatory fashion: you are a smelly *person*. I challenge you to write a coherent, grammatically correct reply to this post using only words with three syllables or more.

Derogatory offenses unintended. Apologies?

Multiple syllable utilisation complicated.

Atari Jaguar???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Why hasn't this been locked yet? MOST POINTLESS THREAD EVAR! And that means something coming from me(heh... remember me ol' "spam" n' "rant" threads hehehe...).

Incidentally to shut this silly debate up THIS IS MORNING YOU FOOLS!

Oh and ffs! Look up the Newbie F&Q! Even if you're an oldy go there. It can be vaguely entertaining and you might even *GASP* LEARN SOMETHING WITHOUT PESTERING PEOPLE!!!!

For those of you too idiotic to navigate boards, or simply too ignorant and arsewise to do so, here be a link to a thread about Atari Jaguar

And yes, someone IS a grumpy hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Originally posted by lordsippa

And yes, someone IS a grumpy hippy.

But you're OUR grumpy hippy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement