Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quakeworld problem that's been bugging me!

Options
  • 09-03-1999 8:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it happens to ye but any time I get diss'd from tinet i have to reset the whole PC before Quakeworld will connect to a server. If I don't then quakeworld just keeps asking me to type connect to whatever. It won't try to connect at all. Has anybody experienced this and is there an easier way of reconnecting than rebooting?

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yeah this has happened to me before too..
    bloody annoying, restarting windows seems to be the only thing that works..
    I havent had this problem since i stopped using gamespy to connect to games..(I only use gamespy to check what servers are full etc nowadays, i dont launch quake through it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I also had this problem when using GameSpy but doing the following helped. In GameSpy go to tools\options\general\network\quakeworld client and unclick use network connections for quakeworld. That sorted it for me try it.

SB...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'll try that gamespy options solution but this HAS happened to me when just running QW and connecting so I'm prety sure it's a QW problem.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Donno if this is relevant but, I found this happening a lot when things were a bit laggy.

I'd get dissed and QW / G'spy etc couldn't find any servers from then on..email & web too..

I was scratching around the idea that my IPS assigned IP had gone (someone correct me) ! but on a whim I dusted off me old IOL A/C and probs went away... so I stopped looking..

... lag free tribes ........ smile.gif
    YuMMY

Advertisement