Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens when CTYI too gets boring for us?

Options
  • 02-08-2003 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

A question, that john placed in my head, but realy, what than.
    What are we suposed to do when CTYI gets boring?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 the Never

It's a question, nothing more.
    But realy, assuming we somhow did become so smart even CTYI was boring, what do we do than?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

If we became that smart we would ascend into immortality and become the q continuum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

If we became that intelligent, many would attempt to assasinate us, but not succeed, due to our vast intellects. Eventually we would become so bored, because nothing would be in any way challenging, that we would either allow the not-so-intelligent people to kill us using their inferior schemes or else just commit suicide. I think we would rather kill ourselves than have the shame of those less intelligent than ourselves kill us. I can be quite morbid, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Scarlett
    If we became that intelligent, many would attempt to assasinate us, but not succeed, due to our vast intellects.
    What if one of your own tries to assasinate you? (Insert evil laugh here)

Perhaps they would, and then they would succeed, but to be honest, we would be killed anyway. Or commit suicide. You get my point from my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

When I first heard of CTYI I had my suspicons that it was a way to round up the smart people to kill them off. I'm a little paranoid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

hehehe... zat awwanged can bee..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Or maybe, these super intelligent beings would go about transfering there minds into robotic shells, so they themselves are the vessels that can be used to cross space and time, and then as they devolp further they learn to store their mind state in the pure energy of the universe and then, for all intensive purposes, be GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... Pity that i only bearly got into ctyi, doing that would be kinda cool....

EDIT: ph34r my grammar

But that would get boring after a while, due to a lack of challenge, unless we became so intelligent that we could abolish boredom, which means that we wouldn't have to commit suicide because of boredom, and then nobody could kill us because they wouldn't be able to outsmart us, and maybe we could become so intelligent that we could find a way to immortalise ourselves, but then we may become suicidal again because there would be nothing left to learn....Sorry, rambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alucard

the answers to everything:
    CTYI will never become boring. To those who say that it will i say "you are a SKANKY WENCH"

I agree with s0l on the robot/god thing.

REMEMBER: <<if i hear that line one more time i'll ban you or somesuch,....oh wait, whats this i see further up the page? :p

STFU.

Shut
    The
    Fuck
    UP!!

Neil >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Sounds very anime. I'm up for it.

Speaking of robots and their gigantic proportions of which there is no measuring, I remember a dream I had a couple of months back. I was inside a giant robot. Now this was no nice robot, it was REALLY archaic, kinda like a mix between Giger, the titans from Epic 40,00, and a really old clocktower. And it was powered by torture and the screams of the victims, I remember one guy on a pinion being pulled apart. And suddenly I realized it was god. I don't know why, but I knew correctly that this machine was god. And that got me thinking for ages. It's an interesting thought, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Until I have concrete proof to the contrary, I am going to have to believe that alucard is Garóg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by Scarlett
    But that would get boring after a while, due to a lack of challenge, unless we became so intelligent that we could abolish boredom, which means that we wouldn't have to commit suicide because of boredom, and then nobody could kill us because they wouldn't be able to outsmart us, and maybe we could become so intelligent that we could find a way to immortalise ourselves, but then we may become suicidal again because there would be nothing left to learn....Sorry, rambling.

jeez, we'd be intelligent yes, but not quite omnipotent. smart people cannot physically do evreything. i would know :p

If we were exceptionally intelligent, we could discover a way to become omnipotent. Perhaps not, but it may be possible...
    And I would also know :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Fuck
    Neil >>

Learned how to ha><0r the censor now did we neil? Heh...

Naughty boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I don't think they give us a long enough time to get bored in ctyi. I say that even though I may be able to beat the system and come back at 17! What's this whole thing about super intelligence got to do with getting bored?

And yes, God is a mindless, sadistic robot bent on killing us all, and he will succeed, yes he will.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Anyone who has gone their full term at CTYI, like I did 3 years ago, will tell you that it doesn't get boring. Not in my time it didn't. If it has changed that much then I really want nothing to do with it.

It's a stupid question in a way. If ye all get smarter together then how can it be boring? Ye are the same intelligent people!! If one person gets immensely smarter than EVERYONE then that person may segregate themselves but I don't see that happening.

Last comment on the question is... Don't let it get boring! Make it fun without making it fun! I.e. Let whatever happens happen. Laugh about the stupid things you/other people did and just ENJOY!!!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Alaronshannara

I don't think there's any garauntee that super-intelligence will bring ennui by default; surely a shrewder perception of the minute patterns and nuances of the passage of time will allow a deeper understanding of all that is or will be..? Perhaps when you become smart enough to factor large primes in your head you will be spaced out enough to notice the things that should have been obvious before! And when you truly understand the movements and eddies of your reality, you could subtly influence the universe through your actions, guiding it through events that would lead to your ascendance to omnipotence! (See the omnipotence thread for further details)
    Or maybe you'd just end up as some vit. d deficient caffiene junkie who breaks public key encryption codes for money with which to buy collectable stamps. Who can tell? Me, that's who. Watch this space.

Wait a sec, theres an omnipotence thread? is it on this forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

What does omnipotent mean? and why do I feel so dumb now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

omnipotent adj : having unlimited power [syn: {almighty}, {all-powerful}]

Being uber l33t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Like the h4x0rs that did the RPC virus. OMFG they made a virus that makes people's pcs shut down!!!1! Th3y ¬ t3h 1337 h4x0rs!!!1!1!1one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

i'd just like to say that the conversation i had with Matthias that i believe prompted this thread wasn't actually about ppl becoming to smart for CTYI, it was about a (CTYer) forum i found somewhere on the net discussing how many of the CTYs had become (for want of a better word) crap due to stupid rules(i.e. staff being fired for keeping in contact with students and the banning of harmless traditions) and the banning of students becoming RAs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

<<Play nice - neil>>
    I'll leave this part though.

I blow goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

I believe the 'Fall,' or 'Recession for the West,' is a better phrase.
    stuff ur shotgun. give me a bioweapon. u can't shoot a shotgun if ur paralysed.
    ooh ooh. even better: a molecular whip. that's just painful to watch. or a neutron bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

If we got too smart for CTYI and too smart to learn anything we'd all live long lives of eternal bliss brought about by our creations and could modify the world with them to suit our moods.

Of course these creations would probably be gigantic titanium death bots powered by the bones of lesser mortals who dare to oppose us, THEIR TRUE GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then all the races of the universe would be divided into factions, each faction worshipping one of us and the greatest war ever will take place, which will last 5 billion years and wipe out all life except for us but we'll still keep launching our weapons at each other until only one remains to rebuild the universe, and thus the circle of life is complete.

DUDE!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

CTYI will never become boring. To those who say that it will i say "you are a SKANKY WENCH"

thanks david, thought i'd have to do that. save me the bother.
    personally, i think they run ctyi in such a way that we're doing something more or less all the time. it's, y'know that word that's like constructed and organised but isn't (bit tired, i say a bit...), so there's not a lot of room to get bored.
    maybe in america yeah, it's not so much boring as plain shoite is what i've heard. and you said ctyi, dude, and i don't think it's gonna happen here.

ALEX!!!!!! if you read this by chance, is cty de usa boring and shoite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

from what i've heard from friends its just as much fun

• Advertisement
Advertisement