Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Died

Options
  • 02-08-2003 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

My ADSL router has gone tits up. It is a Linksys BEFDSR41W. When I power it up, all the switch lights remain permently lit up and the diagnostic light flashes on and off. It then remains like this permently.

I have tried anything I can think off, simple stuff and switching it on and off, holding down the reset button and so on. The manual suggests reflashing the firmware but it is not possilbe to do this as the router hangs on start up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I take it you've done the usual disconnect all cables
    hold reset while connecting power - keep pressed for about 30 seconds

If less than a year old then should be covered by warranty

It might be of some use as a switch ...

If all else fails put it in a plastic bag and leave overnight in a deep freezer (might kill it !) NB leave it for an hour to warm up after taking out of the deep freeze - if moisture condenses on it , it could short....

you could always dance around it (anti-clockwise 3 times, and waving a decapitated virgin chicken )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I hear getting 7 naked virgins to piss on it works too :D

Advertisement