Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beneath a Steel Sky FREE

Options
  • 02-08-2003 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

everyone likes free stuff, i for one like free games to.
    revolution software have released the classic beneath a steel sky for free for use with scummvm.

www.scummvm.org has the downloads so get some classic pointy clicky stuff goin on people :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

cd version - 67mb
    floppy version - 7.3mb

the cd version obviously has speech, the floppy doesn't...
    thats going into my getright cue anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Cool. This is a top notch game too - back in the days when I had all the patience in the world for point & clicks - I've the original box, 15 disks and comic (dave gibbons) that came with it. Loads of atmopshere and great artwork (cool intro).

All we need now is lure of the temptress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i got BASS free from freeloader.com about 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Deadwing
    i got BASS free from freeloader.com about 2 years ago

maybe so, but you couldnt actually play it without pulling out an old 486 with dos. now its playable on just about every format. also in the coming weeks broken sword 1 and 2 support will be added to scummvm.

its odd that revolution will do everything they can to help get their old games running on newer systems yet lucasarts at one time claimed that they owned scummvm and threatend the project with some major legal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Right. I'm playing Beneath a Steel Sky and can't get throught the fire exit on the first screen. I've picked up the metal rung but can't use it on the door. Is there an inventory key or sommen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    in the coming weeks broken sword 1 and 2 support will be added to scummvm.

Aghhhhhh, the goat!

/me breaks down.

Originally posted by bugler
    Aghhhhhh, the goat!

/me breaks down.

nah, the pyramid bug at the end of bs2. that pissed me off no end as i never got to see the ending. it took many years until i got a pc and got to look at the video through a psx mdec viewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Right. I'm playing Beneath a Steel Sky and can't get throught the fire exit on the first screen. I've picked up the metal rung but can't use it on the door. Is there an inventory key or sommen ?

Try scrolling the mouse to the top of the screen - you'll get the inventory there. Click on the metal rung, use it on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Good game, from what Ive heard.

Made by the same people who did Broken Sword 1+2 (which are great)

BS1 doesn’t like XP though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Grow up, kids

Originally posted by Greenbean

All we need now is lure of the temptress.

LOTT is available free (and legal) here: http://gamershell.com/news_BLureoftheTemptressBavai.shtml

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah, Beneath a steel sky. What a game. Revolutions subtle humour is only matched by lucas arts all out silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i got this game free with one of my computers at least 6/7 years ago. I played it a bit but got stuck at one place after u come up from the furnace, and couldn't work out what to do, so i left it. I still have the cd someplace at home. Was a good enough game. Might give it another try and see whats the resty of the game is like.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If you’re into point and click adventure games, and haven’t played Lure, Revolution also has it for download on their site (http://www.revgames.com). It’s a "bit" dated, but is okish.

If you’re into point and click adventure games, and haven’t played Lure, Revolution also has it for download on their site (http://www.revgames.com). It’s a "bit" dated, but is okish.

Well i guess it doesn't really matter that its dated really. Sure BASS is well old too. Its pretty good game though, i spent ages one it when i fist got it.
    I was just playing it last night, and was just wondering does anybody know how to save yur games?? Cuz all i was getting the the automatic saves. Cuz i know with emulators and stuff u can save yur game so is there a save game function for this an how do u do it?

F5 brings up the options menu in most games in scummvm inluding BASS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I've fond memories of that game alright. I remember playing it non stop for a whole week. I can't remember what happened at the end though...hmm. I might play it again :)

one of the things that i think makes it a good game is Robert Fosters comments and joeys aswell. At times they're classic!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

'I am...Captain Welder!' :D

it just remember another classic game that gave me alot of enjoyment was discworld. I'm sure people know it. Same type of thing of point and click and solving puzzles adventures game. Was just wondering is that out free now in the same way BASS is? if anyone know please post it up

• Advertisement

well the company that made both discworld games no longer exists, and neither does psygnosis who published them. i also havent seen either of them on sale in a _VERY_ long time. i loved the second one where death becomes jaded with his job and quits and its up to rincewind to convince him to go back to work.

since abandonware is so very fuzzy legally i wont link but a clue should be ok.

HOTU

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by suppafly
    I was just playing it last night, and was just wondering does anybody know how to save yur games??

In Lure the menu is at the top of the screen, I found it just before making a forced exit.

Advertisement