Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL in arklow?

Options
  • 02-08-2003 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all iv just been told by esat/bt i can't get dsl.I cant get any info out of them.I live in the town so im not like 4 km away!!!Any body know the story.
    ps according to pc live mag arklow exchange is enabled...:mad:
    pps have u seen what eircom charges for isdn its a joke:(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

How far from the exchange are you?...is the Arklow exchange on the list of DSL enabled exchanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Im not sure where arklow exchange is.But arklow isnt that big im about 1.5km from the main street on the outskirts in a big new estate about 400 houses.
    Ill have to ring eircom and pretend im going to pay their overpriced set up charges.When i did the line test on eircom.net it said if they get enough interest they will email me to let me know.:rolleyes:
    ps Any body have the list of enabled exchanges?

tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

.net it said if they get enough interest they will email me to let me know

That basicly means you cant get it your exchange must not be upgraded :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by JB123
    ps Any body have the list of enabled exchanges?tnx
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=105973

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I know someone who's had dsl off the arklow exchange for a few months now, so it is upgraded. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by JB123
    Im not sure where arklow exchange is.But arklow isnt that big im about 1.5km from the main street on the outskirts in a big new estate about 400 houses.
    I'm about 2.5 miles from the Arklow exchange in the middle of the country, with green fields all around me and I'm getting perfect DSL from it.

The exchange is located beside the carpark at the back of the post office on the main street.
    As of last month I'm told Eircom have about a hundred or so customers for i-stream in the area at the moment and rising.
    I'm aware esat are enabled in the exchange and have a fibre optic cable around the town, I don't know of anyone with their service though.
    I can tell you though, that the last person that I know of that ordered i-stream here locally, made the call just last week has been told that he will have an engineer install done next week, line activated etc.
    They are quite fast down here, in more ways than one :p
    Mine has been up and running since last may with download speeds averaging around 55kbs and sometimes 60 :)
    Pings very low.
    *edit* just to add thats on the i stream starter pack which I'm told is RADSL
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

Thanx guys ill ring eircom on tueday and see what the hold up is.

Advertisement