Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start Up Problem

• 02-08-2003 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Ok, a mate of mine recently (like a year ago ;) ) built a PC,

Dont know too much about it, kg7 lite mother board.

Basicly. every time he tries to start it, the first time, you here the fan start up, and the hard drive start to boot, but the monitor stays off, then regular as clock work, if you turn it off and straight back on it starts up fine.

any ideas, suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sure the graphics card is in correctly..

AGP graphics cards sometimes seem that they are in but they actually need to go in another bit. This often happened me several times :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Oh i wish it was that easy.

He has had 3 different graphics cards, most recently a gforce 2 mx 200.

I an identical card and have no problems, and this seems a bit to regular to be just not plugged in properly.

EVERY time he starts it the first time it wont work and second time does.

Not very much info I know, but its all he gave me, i think he has tried to upgrade the bios, not sure if he was able or if it would even have any effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

lol , I have that problem with an Abit KT7 and a Coolermaster ATC-201 case , can't work it out either ... But it's been like this for over a year now ;)

carb.

Kg7 here, in some piece of sh*t case from some previous case he had.

would just love to get it sorted for him

Anyone esle ttmeet a problem like this before?

And more importantly anyone solve it??

• Advertisement
Advertisement