Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kanoute ethrington switch !!!

• 02-08-2003 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Sky sports news as annouced that Frederic Kanoute is going to Tottenham and Mattew etherington is going to West Ham in the same deal. Idont beleive any money is envolved its a straight switch.Kanoute still has to pass a medical for the deal to be done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think thats kinda dumb. What in hell do Spurs need four strikers for? It's not as if they're in Europe and will have lots of games and need rotation.

And it's not as if their midfield couldn't do with a bit of love care and attention.

I dunno it looks like Zamora isn't even going to be making the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

thats a good point but what puzzles me is etherington was starting to become a regular in the team on the left side

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Freddie can play on the right or in th midfelid aswell...
    Maybe they just want him because he covers a lot of options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Glenn Hoddle is a muppet, what is he doing? I'd say at least one striker will be a fringe player by the middle of next season, probably Zamora. He really should be focusing on his midfield oh and his defence actually maybe a new keeper too:D . I don't see this is a good move for Kanoute, West Ham will most probably be back in the PL next year anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

what is hoddle doing? signing 3 new strikers, postiga, zamora and kanoute. robbie wont be too happy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ah now, in fairness to greedy little Robbie Keane, is he far better than all 3 players, he is a lazy fat batsard, but he has a spark and just makes little things look exciting, the lad has class and IMHO he will only get better, methinks Hoddel knows this aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i think that hoddle will play a diamond type formation.

kanoute postiga

keane

poyet redknapp davies

ziege richards king carr

keller

need a defensive mf. is van blommel a defensive midfielder. any one know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

i'm stilled stunned that hoddle decided to trade one of his most promising players for freddie kanoute. what an idiot, this is unbelievable. why did etherington agree to the deal as well?

yes van bommel is a defensive midfielder. he's the poor man's keane/vieira. (the dutch david batty with curls)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im amazed..

I go to spurs a lot as I live close to White Hard Lane, and Etherington has been looking better and better over the last while..

And to get that looser who could not get in west ham's team, so he can sit on the bench beside Rebrov is amazing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

rebrov is gone now is'nt he??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i found out that tottenham will also pay #.5 million what a crap deal

rebrov was in turkey on loan for 18 months..

But they sent him back early :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

lol @ rebrov poor feller.....yeah keane is a fat little dipso, but hes a cheeky classy player all the same. Methinks hoodle hasnta rasher what he is doing, but as for etherington, hoddle obv convinced him that his future was not with spurs....

yeah keane is a fat little dipso
    jasus lads, where did all this Robbie Keane bashing come from?

he was good for spurs last year, and he is Irelands only hope up front for the next bag load of years...

so I would be nice to him if I were you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

ha wit all the excitment every forgot spurs have an injury jinx!

Good old freddie had the mother of all starts today when he was injured in his first training session, talk about bad luck!

Advertisement