Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Twisters

• 02-08-2003 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

I heard this one for the first time on my early morning late night drive to Dublin from Cork the other day.

Betty bought a bit of better butter to make her bit of bitter butter better. But when Betty brought her bit of better butter to make her bit of bitter butter better honw - her bit of better butter was bitter.

Any more?

(For all you Danish people out there -
    Melle Mister Messen melle manga melaria)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Betty bought a bit of butter, but the bit of butter Betty bought was bitter so Betty bought a bit of better butter to make the bitter butter better.

The sixth sick shiek's sixth sick sheep. <-- this is tough !

She sells sea shells by the sea shore, the shells she sells are sea shells I'm sure.

(Game Keeper)
    I'm not a phesant plucker, I'm a phesant pluckers son and I'm only plucking phesants till the phesant plucker comes.

keep repeating as fast as possible:--> good blood, bad blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

"I rattled me bottles in hollix's yard me bottles i rattled in hollix's yard" try say that quick a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Please purple plums pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh.

Red lorry, yellow lorry (also say it fast)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Modesty78

(For all you Danish people out there -
    Melle Mister Messen melle manga melaria)

Sorry Gordon, this doesn't really make sense, even though I am Danish, but all your other tongue twisters, they make sense AND they are hard.

Mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:confused:

Mr. Messen the painter paints lots of pictures (or maybe that should be - big pictures). A Danish woman told me that along with the old Rot Grot Med Fleudthe one (mashed Strawberries with cream)

Was she telling me porkie pies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Modesty78

Melle Mister Messen melle manga melaria

This is what it should be: Maler mester Messen maler mange malerier.

The other one should be Rødgrød med fløde.

SO she wasn't telling you porkies, it just didn't make sense spelled like that :D

Mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

2 words,

Toy Boat

Advertisement