Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Rules Violations

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Well, if you don't think he should tell you that people are breaking the signature rules, then either I should ban him or edit/censor the posts. Otherwise what do you think I should do?

This is as good a place as any to let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Well I think editing the post might be a good idea.

Just in general I wouldn't like to have my name posted for breaking the rules. The other users of Boards.ie might get a different point of view of me if my name was posted and im sure people dont like gettting a bad reputation for such a small thing.

If he wants to complain he should either PM an Admin or the Mod in charge where he seen the Sig and then the Mod would contact an Admin to report them.

Please do tell me if you think I am wrong but that is my opinion.

RunFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

runfree, your a pain, way to suck the humor out of a thread.

The only time when I think a sig should be altered is if the contents are of improper use.

what if someone has an image, that has a huge file size, and takes ages to load, what then?
    do you think I should do?

ecksor, I'd ike for you to hop up and down on one foot, chanting my name.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They are not rules. They are approximations of the logic that goes on in 5 different peoples head when they individually evaluate sigs on a case by case basis.

Its just easier to call them "rules" I guess because "approximations of the logic that goes on in 5 different peoples head when they individually evaluate sigs on a case by case basis" gets really annoying to type after a while.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Runfree - you are feeding the trolls... one of which is ecksor :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

you sig seems to be in violation of the logic that goes on in 5 different peoples head when they individually evaluate sigs on a case by case basis, DeVore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Can we have a forum for complaining about people's sigs?
    It could be a sub-forum of the admin/feedback forum.
    I think Runfree would probably be a good choice of moderator for it. That is my opinion of it at least anyway. Unless anyone disagrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Interesting idea - I think maybe to add to that: Runfree should also be given special access to the Admin's mobile phone numbers so that he can alert them at all times to any signature, and indeed, other immediate problems needing fixed on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Well that might be going to far, Gordon. The admins may not want to be disturbed by phone, especially during the night.
    However, that is just my opinion, and I could be wrong. It could be a good idea though too.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thank you for attending TrollCon VII.
    This troll convention is over.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement