Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has $ircon ever charged someone ....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

the way i see it is this, even thogh the cap is there people are going to continually chance there arm and hope against hope they wont be charged, nobody yet and i stress yet (that we know of has been charged for the cap).

But EIRCOM will start charging for this if we have muppets like Jim henson (oh the Irony of that statement lol :) ) going 725% over his cap and if people continually flout the rules just because the think they can get away with it.

its as simple as this, if you want to be a warez monkeys go for netsource or esats Business packages, if not then live with the cap and dont go over it and you wont be charged.

but please dont come in here feigning surprise if you do get a big bill one of these days, ye signs your contracts, ye knows the caps there, no point in bitching and moaning about it cause its your fault if you do go over

Regards

Shin

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Fruit read the thread in question. The guy signed up for an uncapped service. He should not be charged.

I agree totally with Brians sentiments about the fact that he signed up a different service that he signed up for (altho there seems to be a certain Caveat Emptor there). Yes, it came out late in the thread but tbh, the attidude didnt seem to change when he did say it.

must disagree with what you said here, the man signed a contract, and in a later post he said he was trying to get moved over for awhile to the uncapped service, in the meantime he chanced his arm and got caught

Nuff Said

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Fruit read the thread in question. The guy signed up for an uncapped service. He should not be charged.

its true he signed to contract for the uncapped service your right and eircom does seem to have F-ed the whole thing up (so he says)

The mods didn't want this to be a continuation of the formerly closed thread, so I'll try and get this in quick

forget that this seems to be a much hotter topic than i though and most of us seem to have gotten the wrong end of the story

Chat away ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by bizmark
    well frank you can do what the other guy did and go 725% over you cap and hope to what ever god you worship that they wont try to make you pay
    I didn't say they wouldn't charge, I said it looks like no-one's been charged as yet.

How many posts have there been on this topic already, we dont know if Eircom charges for the cap or not, theres only so many ways to say it

TBH this all seems to smack of a bit of panic with a lot of people whove signed up for the capped RADSL services, its as if everybody has suddenly just woken up to the fact that theyve gone over the CAP and are bitching and moaning about it now that they just might actually just might get charged for it

Sheesh

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well shiz is right as well

but the problum is EVERY one has some thoughs on the idea "dont pay" "they wont make you pay" "sure its a cap its crap dont worry about it" etc

as i said if you signed up and knew about the cap and it wasnt a mastake on the companys side its your problum theirs no point complaneing about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

bizmark, it wasnt my intention for this thread to be a continuation of the other one u just closed.
    u can close it now.
    i have got my question answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

going back over old ground now guys
    closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement