Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a cooler for p4 3ghz

Options
  • 03-08-2003 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

i have a p4 3ghz with the stock cooler on it idle temps. are about 42-44 celcius but if i start to play games the temp goes over 70 and the pc shuts down.

ppl have been saying to me get a new cooler like the Thermalright SLK-900U but that has to be specially fitted and i'm a newbie and i thought fitting the stock cooler was hard enough does any1 know any shops in town (dublin) that would do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I would get better case cooling first as the stock cooler should keep it at reasonable temps when not overclocking.
    Getting the 900 will help your temps but they still won't be that great if your case is not cooled well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i have the coolermaster atc 200 i was recommended that case by ppl in a respected forum (don't want to mentio just in case i get done for advertising)

is there any1 in dublin that stock the SLK900U?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no, cheapest way to get an slk900 is order from here

www.1coolpc.com

cheers i mite get it i don't know but i'm considering water cooling see other thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

ATC-200 is a mighty case.. have you got any fans to move air through it, or is it just sitting there as an air-tight box? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

My P4 2.4C was similar to your problem with the stock cooler and 3 case fans, I got a zalman 6500alcu and 2 more fans and my idle is 35 - 40 ... but if I put it under pressure now it will only go up to 55 tops (before it went up to approaching 70)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The Slk900 is also available Here , its the cheapest ive seen it for. They do ship to ireland but their shipping explinations confuse me (damm yanks :) ) . Might be worth a look.

thanks for replies ATC200 case has 2 fans at the front taking air in and one and the back and the top extracting air out of the case

i think i might just get watercooling to solve my problems

Advertisement