Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to IOLBB

Options
  • 03-08-2003 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭

just got IOLBB line activated (FINALLY!), green icon and the works, cant do anytihng on it, "says" its @ 512kbps, but nothing loads, i have to get on my 56k to load anything. i try the shortcut for IOLBB on desktop, it just says some crap about their computer not responding. (yes, i have @iolbb at end of my name)

any suggestions on what the hell i should do?
    thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Could well just be a problum at the exchange

give Esat a call tomorrow if it hasnt cleared up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Is everything setup in Device Manager?...any yellow warnings?
    Are the drivers installed?, is all your options and settings in Network Connections done?

What about Internet Connections?, is IOLBB setup as your default?, do you have anything ticked under advance settings or proxy servers etc.?
    Check everything over a few times, make sure your username and password is correct.

If not...then it could be that your line has not been activated at the DSL exchange, some customers report they recived the modem before the line was setup.

If this is the case...please remember to complain and bitch at Esat staff to ensure they improve things for others.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

No richard he has the modem Green light which means he is ativated

Were there is more to tit then that, all sorts of things to check. Just ensuring he covers all his bases before he makes the call.

I couldn't connect at the start, until i found out i had to put @iolbb at the end, i know he said he did this. Just he should give it a good going over just to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

hey guys, thanks for the replies!

it seems to have just sorted itself out! i'm on it now, d/l's at 53 kbps, i'm happy! ;)

and as far as resetting limits goes, i was away for a few days, and from what i can gather i was actually activated on either the 31st or the 1st, making it the perfect time! :) yay!

again, thanks for the help

• Advertisement

You're lucky then...some of us got royally screwed over by Esat.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    You're lucky then...some of us got royally screwed over by Esat.
    :mad:

Richard, hush. Stop trying to drive each thread you post in off topic! I think people are past caring about your personal tales of woe!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

LOL!
    remembering here that i too was screwed over, having ordered this over 2 months ago! remembering posts bout someone spending 6 hours a day trying to connect while customer support blamed my setup.... t'was me.

Advertisement