Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My usage

Options
  • 03-08-2003 7:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Should i be concerned?, am i a download freak?
    Damn...it's less the two weeks and i am at this point:

First Login Wed Jul 23 10:06:35 2003
    Last Login Sat Aug 2 23:49:41 2003
    Last Login Duration 243 minutes
    Logins 57
    Offpeak Traffic 4378 minutes
    Peak Traffic 545 minutes
    Data uploaded 0.11 GB [117358751 bytes]
    Data downloaded 1.04 GB [1114771601 bytes]

What does it mean, peak and offpeak?...i thought it was all standard and no charge?

:( strange thing is, i download the odd software update and general net usage, web pages etc.
    It amazes me how much you do download...thus i think 5GB is pushing it a bit, even for the average user.

A bit more would be nice, please Esat...be kind to your customers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

What does it mean, peak and offpeak?...i thought it was all standard and no charge?

It is the dsl moniter is just telling you how many mins per day/night your on

and that seems to be your useage for the lenght of time you had it NOT this month

when you first log in to the dsl moniter the first page you see if that months useage k?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Those bastards :mad: they reset my ****...the ****ing ****s.
    And after i rang them and they TOLD me it would not be reset but it would be 30 days from July 22nd.

Logins 5
    Offpeak Traffic 943 minutes
    Peak Traffic 0 minutes
    Data uploaded 0.01 GB [14607128 bytes]
    Data downloaded 0.20 GB [214296942 bytes]

It now say's "for the month of August"...i tells ya, i am gonna have WAR with them tomorrow on the phone.

They blatantly LIED to me.

i dont get it whats the prob ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Isn't for the most part people who are capped based on the level of DL'ing you do.

Personally what you have done in 2 weeks I do nearly every day but definately every 2 days. The level of DL'ing you are doing shouldn't worry unless you are near the cap limit depending on what that is

Ger

Originally posted by bizmark
    i dont get it whats the prob ?

The problem is i rang and asked them if my usage would be reset from August 1st, they clearly said no and that my usage would be from the day my line was setup, July 22nd.

I rang them and asked these questions after what i had read on boards, i wanted to be sure and have evidence that they are screwing people about and don't know their jobs.

• Advertisement

How do you have 600K down Ger?, even a 2MB line would not get you this...would it?

Me thinks he means 600K down total not D/l speeds you would need some uber connection to get 600k down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

How do you have 600K down Ger?, even a 2MB line would not get you this...would it?

a 512k connection can get 1 gig down in under 6 hours if i calculate correctly, which is what richard got down in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I fell for the same thing, thought it was from the date it got installed (July 28th) but the dslstats page reset when we changed from july to august. In other words we could have used the whole 6gb cap in the last few days but instead we only used a tiny bit of it. They should make it clear when you signup what the story is.

I also want to ask you guys how often they update the info on dslstats.eircom.net cos it doesnt seem to change in realtime??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Tsk lads.
    No, you wouln't need a 2MB line to get 600k down, you would only need a 600k line. (600kb that is). He's talking about the ntl cable broadband service - 600kbits downstream, and 128kbits upstream. It is currently an uncapped service.
    Stick that under your cap.
    Now go have a look at one of those "roll-eyes" e-mot icons.

• Advertisement

thats what i said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

dslstats.eircom.net seems to be updated at midnight daily. webtest01 should be able to answer this one definitively ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

So they restarted your cap 3 weeks early (or so) and your complaining? :)
    So you didn't get to waste last months cap?

I don't see the problem.

in order to get 600kB down a sec ud need a 4.8mbit line ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hey Richard dont really see what the problem is , if you read the signup forms it says the cap is reset monthly. hence you got it july hence it is reset in August. Dont see what the prob was I would have used the 8 days in july if I were you 2 donwload the best of dvd's and albums :)

Oh one more thing has ne one gone over the cap and been charged for it.

Oh ps: I laugh at downloading at 600kbs a sec that is of course when im in the college . so sweet activly download from microsoft at like 2megs + per sec and think of it that is with 500 + people browsing the net and streaming movies at the same time.

ps:**** its nearly 12 am and its ****ing rosting :()

Advertisement