Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing PCI Multimedia Audio Device

Options
  • 03-08-2003 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Installing Windows 98SE over Windows 98 left me with a missing PCI Multimedia Audio Device which means no sound at all on the computer which is a Toshiba laptop Satellite 4090CDS. Anybody know where I would get the driver to make this thing work again?
    Padraig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Try here and go for "Tech Support Center". Can't point you any closer as it's one of those annoying Eircom/AerLingus-style sites with session IDs that prevent direct links that work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

When u said that u installed 98se over 98 do u mean u used an upgrade c/d or did u just **** the 98se on top of the origional :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

can't see your model on the toshiba support site. only 4090XDVD which is probably the same system with a DVD instead of a CDROM.
    If you go to Toshiba and click on Tech support Centre, then choose portables, Satellite and 4090XDVD, click GO.
    Then, using the filter, pick WIN98 (not SE, it doesn't show any drivers but the 98 should work fine anyhow), Category: Sound and click apply filter. That'll give you this driver to download

"Windows 95/98 Sound Driver for ESS ES1978 (v4.06.0478.B-RC4; 03-22-2001; 3.95M) "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 pomorain

Kananga,
    I have searched high up and low down for that driver and you led me right to it! I am extremely grateful, thank you very, very much. My computer is now talking to me again thanks to you.
    Cheers,
    Padraig
    PS Thanks also to Sceptre.

Advertisement