Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scientists live longer!

• 03-08-2003 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Recent publication from Queens shows that science subject graduates live longer than people in other areas.

Ahh, all those carcinogens and things won't kill me after all..

(My children will all probably have 6 limbs tho)

Article here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Man, the things six limbed kids could get up to... Climbing trees, fishing with two rods at once...

This is good news. I shall annoy people for just that little bit longer.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I saw something recently that said the way to cheat old age is celebacy :D seriously... the idea is once you are past child bearing age etc etc your function in life is over. Women who concentrate on their careers and have a family later in life when they are CEO or something tend to live far longer. I wonder if that means Nuns live the longest of all? I doubt it would effect priests since they dont seem to need women to pleasure themselves.. in fact they seem to prefer not to have women involved at all :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There was a survey into throat cancer a while ago and it showed a link to dinking hot coffee. - The group that drank the hot coffee - medical students. (think about it - 7 years of caffine)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think my throat is doomed so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Just replace it with an electronic voice box when the time comes. You'll be able to keep drinking coffee, and you'll sound really cool, too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hurray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

On the other hand, I recently read a paper where the children of engineers are more likely to be autistic....

I'm not too sure I believe in it though..

Advertisement