Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus Analogue Question

• 03-08-2003 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

This is a bit long-winded, and purely hypothetical, but there is a point to it all:

Certain areas - such as parts of Meath - are fortunate enough to still have the type of analogue connection that requires no STB of any kind.
    The cable comes in from "the street", connects to the external point, from where you can do what you like with it, i.e connect to as many internal points as you like. You can watch any channel while simultaneously recording another, and watch still a third (or fourth etc) in another room. [This is NOT an ad for Chorus!!]

The only extra device ever required is for "premium channels", whereupon a "trap" is inserted at the point of external connection, which is not pertinent to this case. (Phew!)
    Now, my question is this, if one were to have the service disconnected, how could the cable company prevent a simple reconnection as the van drives down the road.....?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

They can't (Well it's not easy),
    I've seen some people get away with it for years with NTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 THE_INSTALLER

;)Now, my question is this, if one were to have the service disconnected, how could the cable company prevent a simple reconnection as the van drives down the road.....?

Chorus have a small amount of senior engineers, known as 'quality control engineers'. These guys train new installers, and when all is quite, their job is to go around checking 'disconnections' street by street, town by town.

Advertisement