Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amount of free memory

• 04-08-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering how much free physical memory should you have?

I'm have windows me (I mean to change when I get some money), 256mb total physical memory and a p3 1g.

When I start my computer and look at my system information it says I have 60-80mb free physical memory. This can go down to as low as 20 sometimes, if I play cm4 for a couple of hours. I'm just wondering because this seems a bit low to me, but I could be wrong.

Whats the norm?

Another question is under problem devices it says

device - TCP/IP
    pnp device id - network\mstcp\0000
    Error code - 22

anyone know what this could be

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

AS for your memory theres not much one can do bout it except get something like Mem Turbo..

But as for the Error thingy.

Q. What's Error 22?

A. An Error Code 22 occurs when the ethernet card's drivers need to be updated. Most likely, what happened was that during installation, the user tried finding certain files (vxd, com, sys, dll, cat, etc, etc) and couldn't find them so they selected to "skip" installing those files. Update the drivers, or remove the card from the Device Manager and reinstall the card with the correct drivers.

Advertisement