Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ron - about your level.

Options
  • 08-03-1999 2:03am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering ron if that is the final version of abattoir. If so can I review it?
    If not I can give you my impressions of it from a look round. It would be more of a comment on the design than it's suitability for wars etc. Not my dept. after all.

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Emm I saw the map a couple of weeks ago and ran around on it. On first impression, it's got 1 or 2 too many ukcldm2 type corridors. Maybe stick a Double Barrel Shotgun or SNG instead of a GL beside the quad. I like the Red Armour layout. 2 RL's I'm not sure about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

whas with the new
    " one RL only " thing
    for a time no one would play DM3 or when they did gave out **** cos of its one RL??

whas the story dere?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ron

Yea Muso, It is, but if enough peolp[le like it, and want a thing or two changed i'll do it, but let me know quick, as ive exams comming up sad.gif

-R

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O.k. as I said I'm only going to comment on design elements. The teamsters can decide if it works for a war. As far as I'm concerned the layout is good and should be fun to war on but anyway...
    The skylights in all rooms are very strange - i.e. pure flat. Ideally the sky should appear to be seperate from a realism point of view. In other words I would raise the sky above the ceiling and raise the ceiling up to it to give it a bit of depth.
    I spotted one instance of a misaligned texture. I'd walk around your level very carefully checking for this as it's very easy to fix. The thing to remember when walking around your level (without bots of course) is to check for possible errors but also to see of it looks o.k. and feels right. Too often we are busy thinking where that quad should go but that comes after the simple things.
    I pointed out to Ste, after saying I thought his was a good level, that textures should be aligned and a used more consistently. He wasn't too interested but from a design point of view I think it's a case of :-

1. Layout
    2. Look
    3. Feel

This is Kent Brockman with my two cents.

M

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ooops - this was an accidental second post.

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 09-03-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well hears my 2 cents
    firstly cheak the lev in another view mode as it aint working properly in mine and i like my view mode . the corriders in the lev are annoying sng would be the best wepon in that lev i think but ill continue to play it also it turns into a but of a shotgun lev if there is the max ammount of players on it

Advertisement