Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime discrepancy

Options
  • 04-08-2003 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just a question some of you gurus might know the answer to.

I signed up on Thursday last for IOL Anytime. I haven't yet received my pack through the post, but I set up the anytime connection etc. manually and connected to the service. When I call up http://register.iol.ie/anytime/ it tells me that I am not yet set up and am being charged for the call. However when I call up my usage stats http://anytime.iol.ie/usage/ it tells me how many times I have been connected and how much of my 180 hours I have used.

So- am I connected using the 'free' calltime or am I not connected. Dammit IOL surely as new people are joining the service they could iron out something as simple as this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm half dancing around the issue here, but you shouldn't be able to connect to a 1893 number unless you're signed up and activated for the service. Hence if you can connect you should be signed up. if it becomes an issue later (it shouldn't), Comreg should back your complaint as you shouldn't be able to connect and all that...

Besides (keeping the above in mind), there was that tiome you rang up and got the details and were told you were activated <cough> How else could you have got the details?

To actually deal with the issue head-on, I honestly don't know. But again, you shouldn't be able to connect to a 1893 number range unless you're signed up for that particular service. IOL's Anytime setup seems to be a total mess at the moment. Could be Eircom's fault but IOL are losing orders all by themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If you're connecting on the 1893 number then I'd imagine you're setup.
    Ring IOL and check, they'll know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

It is the 1893 number alright.
    Thats why I can't figure out that their 'register' page where they tell you that you can check the progress of your registration is saying I am not connected to anytime. Seems rudimentary you would have thought?

I thought though that the number prefix, like 1893 or 1800 or whatever was what would decide the cost of the call, so if I am connected using the 1893 number, the phonecall can't be costing me anything? I guess I'll find out when the bill arrives! Thanks for your thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by dod
    I guess I'll find out when the bill arrives!
    Why don't you just ring them and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Hah I just called their Customer Care line 1800 923 222, and it seems their customer care is just as good as their website when it comes to being informative. I had to go through the usual rigmarole of 'Press One to mumble mumble etc... Press Zero to be put through to an android'.

When I pressed zero, I was put through to someones mailbox manager asking me to 'key in my password followed by the number sign'. Then there was silence. Aah, what passes for Customer Service these days...

The mystery continues! I'll try ringing them again a little later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

I had some trouble to start with signing up, and I can confirm that you can't possibly connect to the 1893 number without your account being active. You shouldn't be charged anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    Why don't you just ring them and ask?

Are you for real?

Advertisement