Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Website

• 04-08-2003 3:18pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've registered ripoffireland.org and am in the process of designing a new site. I'm going to try and cover all the major instances of rip offs in Ireland with an area where you can submit your own stories. Please feel free to e-mail me your ideas at suggest@ripoffireland.org.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

very good idea i'll be a regular at the site when it gets up and running very nice idea to show every1 the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Good idea LFC....something that had occured to me but didnt think my skillset was at the right level to do it properly right now....looking forward to checking it out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sounds like a good idea :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Hey Mods! I am trying to decide about a Forum for ripoffireland.org but I figure it would make more sense to link to this forum rather than create a new one. Same way that IrelandoffLine link to the boards.ie forum from their site. Whatcha think?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm a mod on another web forum (mostly Europe based) and at the moment I'm getting members from as many countries as possible to head into their local stores and check out the prices of basic foodstuffs.

As soon as the survey is finished I'll post the results on your site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Thanks Ponster. It's gonna be a few weeks before the site is up and running. There has been a lot of interest in the site so far so I'm hoping we can make some sort of impact on sky high prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

LFC FAN,

I think the new website is a great idea. At least people can boycott places that rip us off.

See attached file of drink prices to start you off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Nice one no1lfcfan - 1.50 in the difference of stout between highest and lowest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Hey Mods! I am trying to decide about a Forum for ripoffireland.org but I figure it would make more sense to link to this forum rather than create a new one. Same way that IrelandoffLine link to the boards.ie forum from their site. Whatcha think?
    I reckon that you should link to this one. Far less hassle for you or anyone directly involved with the site, you'll get some traffic directly from here and if all goes well, boards.ie will get traffic from there. Everyone wins.

Advertisement