Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beautiful Losers E.P. launch 15th of August Whelans

• 04-08-2003 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

The Beautiful Losers launch their Debut E.P. on Friday the 15th of August. Support comes from the brilliant 66 electic and emaculate Tadgh Cooke. Admission is five euros

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

As said we will be relaeasing our ep on friday august 15th in whelans and id like to say thanks to the people from this board who have supported us over the last year and come to see us from messages like this one and the odd mention on phantom. We've got the exact support we wanted and the e.p will be on sale on the night for 4 euro, tom

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

So I'm immaculate now!
    Brilliant. Like the conception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I was gonna say that at least people are consistent when they spell your name wrong, Tadhg.

D'you think maybe they're all right and it's you that's been getting it wrong all these years.

A friend of mine grew up thinking her birthday was April 21st. then one day when she was about 16 they looked at the birth cert and realised it was April 22nd.

Isn't that gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭El Chico

I'm gonna be there, and i have a feeling that there may be a few other people there too. this is definitely the only gig to go to on friday the 15th of august. don't think theres anything else decent on that night anyway. I also heard rumours that the losers are gonna be handing out free lollipops.

yowza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

I shall be there with "the skies "

• Advertisement

Just a little update on what's going on, we were on newstalk 106fm last night doing a few acoustic songs last night which is useless information now but it shoulda been up last night and the e.p. will be goiong on sale on friday 15th august in tower records, the doors are at 7 :30 that night in whelans and the lollipops are a lie, a complete lie I tell you. Pete (read) you are on the guessliost and hope to see you there and we have the money we owe you aswell, tom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'll bring my own lollipops.... Mmmmm lollipops....

Anyways best of luck with the EP lads hope it goes extremely well for ye!

Talk to you Friday!

Best Wishes!

A.M
    xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i thought that the gig was on thte thrusday...bugger... better get calling work to change the rosters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭El Chico

shuttup tom, i'm a psychologist, remember. trust me with the lollipops angle.

free lollipop for everyone who comes to this gig

sweet

Mmmm.... free stuff...

• Advertisement

Sorry i couldnt get to yer launch guys, its a long story will share it with yis on the 26th ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

Oh Boy! Only four more days 'til the Beautiful Losers EP launch! I can't wait. (Even if your singer is a bitch) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭renagade*

Yeah free lolly pops shall be showered upon al atendents. LA Girl I know you really love me , Its ok you dont have to keep up this tough front !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

:-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 panzer_attack

this shall be fantastic.my fav guitar player at the mo is tom and he knows it.i hear there might be a few scoops after the gig.

I've mentioned the gig in mah journal so mebbe a few more heads'll turn up as they probably don't read the phantom message board etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Sounds like it's gonna be packed! I'll go if I'm feeling ok. I'm going to Turn on the Thursday (14th) coz it's me birthday! Yay!

You're right, our singer is a bitch, try living with him. So yes the lollipops rumour is true and yes there shall be a few scoops afterwards, most definitely. The loyal faithful Alison Curtis has been giving us some generous play on today fm, so thanks to her and to Dan d. Thanks for all the support, tom

www.beautifullosers.info

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Finally!!!

Can't wait.

Hey yis told mark it was on last week, ill be there but ill be late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

This'll be a great show, fair play lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Dead right it'll be great. Raging I can't make it along, but work is calling on Friday night. Damn and blast anyway!

Below follows the approx stage times for friday night:

The Beautiful Losers (10pm)

The 66 Electric (9:10)

Tadhg Cooke (8:30)

Followed by:
    Late bar till 3am.

For anybody who hasnt seen or heard Tadhg or The 66 electric before, I highly advise that they not be missed, sskip your dinner, have a cold shower rather than wait for the water to warm etc etc, it'll be worth it, thanks to everyone for all the replies to this, it's looking like it's gonna be a fun night, tom.

www.beautifullosers.info

Yay!!

I have my €5 saved up and am at home resting tonight for what promises to be a fantastic gig tomorrow!

Hope to see ye all there!

Nighty Night!

A.M
    xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Just want to include my reccomendation that ye head along to this gig tonight if you can. Really is a good line up and well worth the few measly quid admission.

Looking forward to this one and to hearing the EP. Best of luck lads!

Cheers,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

Congratulations on a great gig lads!

All the best with the EP, listening to it as I type.

Well done anyway!

Talk to ye soon!

A.M
    x

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for last night, it was one of the best nights of my life. I was a little worried we wouldnt fill whelans but everyone here helped to do it, really am grateful for the support, hope yas all enjoyed the gig and like the e.p, will this hangover ever die? tom

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

there has been a delay with copies of the e.p in tower so it wont be on sale there until tuesday but there are copies in road records now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IDONTKNOW

great gig, i like the ep. Tadhg cooke was brialliant and I'm not usually mad on singer songwriters, he will put david kitt to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Originally posted by IDONTKNOW
    he will put david kitt to shame.

Is he still alive? :p

Advertisement