Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it and where can I get it?

• 04-08-2003 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Basically the thingy that I am looking for is like this.

It attaches onto your mouse lead and basically stops the mouse from dragging away off the mousepad because of the weight of the lead. I think that it swings around to allow for movement of the mouse.

I seen it somewhere before but I have no idea where. Ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

a mouse bungee maybe?

Few sites that came up in google

Offical Site:
    http://www.mousebungee.com/INDEXWK.HTM

Review:
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/mousebungee.php

Think argos used to do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mbungee_graphite_large.gif

is that what ur looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Thats the one. Thanks for that lads. I have been trying to google for it all day but I obviously couldn't get it.

you guys know where to get them?

I suppose I should ask whether anyone has one of these and what do they think of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

I dont have one, but it looks stupid. Get a wireless mouse if the lead annoys you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Save your money bullman - just measure out exactly how much mouse lead you need then add and add about three inches for slack. Then use "something" (see below) to fix the lead solidly to your computer table allowing about two feet of cable between "something" and mouse. You may have to adjust the positioning slightly to get the best fit for you but when you get it right it works a dream. NB if possible the fixing point should be directly in front of the resting position of your mouse hand.

Something can be - wrap the mouse lead around behind you monitor - many monitor stands will sqeeze the lead just tight enough to hold it. Alternatively on some computer tables you can use the bars etc of the table to wrap the lead around or tie it to. Last but not least if all else fails good old duck tape works a treat.

If you do this properly it can look very neat - probably a lot less offensive to the eye than a scaffolding like contraption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

try some tape at different points in the lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

after all that if ya still want to buy one try www.everglide.co.uk there are expensive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭alexbrowne40

Originally posted by Mad Mike
    Save your money bullman - just measure out exactly how much mouse lead you need then add and add about three inches for slack. Then use "something" (see below) to fix the lead solidly to your computer table allowing about two feet of cable between "something" and mouse. You may have to adjust the positioning slightly to get the best fit for you but when you get it right it works a dream. NB if possible the fixing point should be directly in front of the resting position of your mouse hand.

Something can be - wrap the mouse lead around behind you monitor - many monitor stands will sqeeze the lead just tight enough to hold it. Alternatively on some computer tables you can use the bars etc of the table to wrap the lead around or tie it to. Last but not least if all else fails good old duck tape works a treat.

If you do this properly it can look very neat - probably a lot less offensive to the eye than a scaffolding like contraption.

Thats what i do,it works fine

Advertisement