Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc wont shut down when typhoon usb mouse plugged in,help?

• 04-08-2003 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

got typhoon optical mouse, and usb hub in lidl a while back.posted here before but got smart answer bout buying stuff from lidl.when i plug either of them into usb port, the pc wont shut down.can use mouse by using usb to serial convertor. but now i have 4 usb devices so i need to use usb hub. tried changing windows setting and updating bios but no luck.running xp home edition. typhoon said update bios,but no change. any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I have also purchased both products although i will not be using the usb hub till next week...waiting on a pci usb card first.

Firstly, go to www.typhoonline.com and download the latest drivers...just did a google and someone has posted a simliar problem - albeit with a belkin product here .
    I havnt gone thru all the threads that came up when i googled so you may want to scan thru yourself.

If that doesnt work, you can run it past typhoon technical support here
    ..if there are any issues, they should already know about them.

Let me know how you get on just in case i run into the same problem. ;)

I have installed my usb pci card and am using the usb hub...no problems...shuts down as normal.

Running XP Pro. with Service pack 1.

How did you get on with technical support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

i sent a mail a few weeks ago saying pc wont shut down and they replied saying update bios and install driver again.did this but still the same. do you know of any bios setting i might nees to change as my usb printer allows pc to shut down.the usb hub and usb mouse are hardly both defective, so probably something i can do with my pc but dont know what. will email them again but not much more they can do .

which driver did you install? Dont use the one that came in the box...go online and use the latest.

It may be an issue with the printer and the printer drivers...update as well.

Also if you can find someone that can lend you a usb device, plug it in without the usb devices you already have and see if you still have the problem.

Let us know if this helps or not.

did ya get this resolved mayto??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

no luck, typhoon had no more help when i emailed them. both mouse and usb hub work fine in friends xp pc so there must be something wrong in windows or my mobo,but my usb printer works fine . using usb to serial adapter for mouse but cant use hub.

I just checked google again and came accross a german thread where someone has encountered exactly the same problem.

in german!

I include the link cos u might want to pass it to typhoon support if your in contact with them again...unfortunately, the thread fizzles out without any record of problem resolution.

>>>>
    See here with regard to XP support for usb 2.0

Have you added service pack one to your XP?
    Go to 'start'...'run'...type 'winver'
    If the service pack is not included, then you should get it downloaded and unpacked.

download sp1 for xp home/pro here

Does your original usb device in the box itself support usb 1.0 or 2.0??

Advertisement