Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get these games in dublin.

Options
  • 04-08-2003 7:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I can not find Skies of Arcadia or Castlevania aria of sorrow anywhere in dublin and it is really annoying. Anyone know where I can get them.

Damn my procrastiation. I could have got Castlevania for free but of course had to wait until Konami where completely out of stock before I asked for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is available in GAME in tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As is Skies of Arcadia - on the Gamecube. Dunno where you would find it on the Dreamcast in Dublin now. This place is really bad if you're ever looking for anything but the latest release, if CEX were to open up a branch in the City Centre they would clean up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks for the help but I think i'll just go to www.play.com and get them there. This place is really annoying me especially since Smyths stopped stocking obscure games and Game seem to be doing the same thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,383 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't believe it. Play.com are sold out of Castlevania as well. Konami definitely did not make enough copies of that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

try amazon, with any luck you might have it by christmas.

im pretty sure play will order it in for you if you put an order in on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    This place is really annoying me especially since Smyths stopped stocking obscure games

I think the reason they stopped stocking obscure games is because they're a company who like this thing called money and most of the people who shop there are not looking for obscure games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Many obscure or innovative games don't appeal to the casual gamer, which is a sad but true fact. And while video games become more and more commercial, this fact shall grow. Its thoughts like this that make me worry about the video game industry...

I'm in the same situation - trying to scour for old Playstation games. And once something goes past its expiry date in this country - its gone within a matter of weeks.

Someone should really open a good video game store in Dublin to cater for this type of stuff, like import games and such and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Try looking on eBay. I just picked up an original gameboy tetris cartridge from someone there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Stephen
    Try looking on eBay. I just picked up an original gameboy tetris cartridge from someone there :)

sweet, how much?

I think the reason they stopped stocking obscure games is because they're a company who like this thing called money and most of the people who shop there are not looking for obscure games.

Maybe so but I don't want to have my selection reduced to Enter the Matrix's and Fifas.

I don't think Play will be getting any more Aria of Sorrows. I've been told that Konami are completely out of stock with no plans of making any more cartridges in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Maybe so but I don't want to have my selection reduced to Enter the Matrix's and Fifas.

Someone has to ask the government to put a warning on games like Enter The Matrix, maybe something like… “GOVERNMENT WARNING: DON’T THE BELIEVE HYPE” (It may be two strong to have “THIS GAME IS ****” on the cover).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

We've got 3 Castlevanias left in work.

Advertisement